Aug 23, 2012, 8:49 PM EDT
We’ll, we’ve got a fit. Marc Stein of ESPN just reported the deal is done.
Free-agent swingman Martell Webster has agreed to terms on a new contract with the Washington, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.
Webster spent the last couple years with Minnesota but he has just never lived up to the potential and promise he had as the No. 6 overall pick of the Blazers. He’s a decent three-point shooter (37 percent last season) and that might be how the Wizards try to use him because the Wizards need shooters. But Webster is not great at it and has never been a real scorer in the NBA. He’s been solid to good on the defensive end, which is why he gets on the court.
But the Wizards see it as a good roll of the dice.
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 4
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 5
- NBA Playoff Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards 19
- Report: Steve Kerr “expects” to be offered, will take Knicks coaching job 15