Aug 23, 2012, 8:49 PM EDT
We’ll, we’ve got a fit. Marc Stein of ESPN just reported the deal is done.
Free-agent swingman Martell Webster has agreed to terms on a new contract with the Washington, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.
Webster spent the last couple years with Minnesota but he has just never lived up to the potential and promise he had as the No. 6 overall pick of the Blazers. He’s a decent three-point shooter (37 percent last season) and that might be how the Wizards try to use him because the Wizards need shooters. But Webster is not great at it and has never been a real scorer in the NBA. He’s been solid to good on the defensive end, which is why he gets on the court.
But the Wizards see it as a good roll of the dice.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36