Aug 23, 2012, 8:49 PM EST
We’ll, we’ve got a fit. Marc Stein of ESPN just reported the deal is done.
Free-agent swingman Martell Webster has agreed to terms on a new contract with the Washington, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.
Webster spent the last couple years with Minnesota but he has just never lived up to the potential and promise he had as the No. 6 overall pick of the Blazers. He’s a decent three-point shooter (37 percent last season) and that might be how the Wizards try to use him because the Wizards need shooters. But Webster is not great at it and has never been a real scorer in the NBA. He’s been solid to good on the defensive end, which is why he gets on the court.
But the Wizards see it as a good roll of the dice.
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 0
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 22
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 51
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (51)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)