Aug 23, 2012, 8:49 PM EDT
We’ll, we’ve got a fit. Marc Stein of ESPN just reported the deal is done.
Free-agent swingman Martell Webster has agreed to terms on a new contract with the Washington, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.
Webster spent the last couple years with Minnesota but he has just never lived up to the potential and promise he had as the No. 6 overall pick of the Blazers. He’s a decent three-point shooter (37 percent last season) and that might be how the Wizards try to use him because the Wizards need shooters. But Webster is not great at it and has never been a real scorer in the NBA. He’s been solid to good on the defensive end, which is why he gets on the court.
But the Wizards see it as a good roll of the dice.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 0
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48