Aug 23, 2012, 8:49 PM EDT
We’ll, we’ve got a fit. Marc Stein of ESPN just reported the deal is done.
Free-agent swingman Martell Webster has agreed to terms on a new contract with the Washington, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.
Webster spent the last couple years with Minnesota but he has just never lived up to the potential and promise he had as the No. 6 overall pick of the Blazers. He’s a decent three-point shooter (37 percent last season) and that might be how the Wizards try to use him because the Wizards need shooters. But Webster is not great at it and has never been a real scorer in the NBA. He’s been solid to good on the defensive end, which is why he gets on the court.
But the Wizards see it as a good roll of the dice.
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 13
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49