Aug 23, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
The Nets have rounded out their roster. Apparently. They bringing in swingman Donte Greene — a guy who had a lot of shots in Sacramento, but like his three pointers often missed the mark.
The report of a deal comes from Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports. Over at Nets are Scorching they add this is not a guaranteed deal — he will have to make the team, right now this is a camp invite — and it would have to be for the minimum (although other reports say this is for $1.6 million, a little more than the minimum).
While Greene has shown flashes of good play — the guy is long and athletic — he never found a role that worked in Sacramento. They tried him as a slasher, spot up shooter, defensive specialist, at the three, at the four — none of it really worked. He shot 23 percent from three last year and so it makes it hard for him to drive the lane. Certainly the Kings haven’t been a stable organization (Greene had four coaches there in his four years) but he was never able to rise above that.
Gerald Wallace is going to start at the three for the Nets and there will not be a lot of minutes for Greene. And he’ll have to earn those minutes. That said, at a minimum salary it’s not a bad risk for Brooklyn.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 9
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 12
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 20
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 7
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18