Aug 23, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
The Nets have rounded out their roster. Apparently. They bringing in swingman Donte Greene — a guy who had a lot of shots in Sacramento, but like his three pointers often missed the mark.
The report of a deal comes from Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports. Over at Nets are Scorching they add this is not a guaranteed deal — he will have to make the team, right now this is a camp invite — and it would have to be for the minimum (although other reports say this is for $1.6 million, a little more than the minimum).
While Greene has shown flashes of good play — the guy is long and athletic — he never found a role that worked in Sacramento. They tried him as a slasher, spot up shooter, defensive specialist, at the three, at the four — none of it really worked. He shot 23 percent from three last year and so it makes it hard for him to drive the lane. Certainly the Kings haven’t been a stable organization (Greene had four coaches there in his four years) but he was never able to rise above that.
Gerald Wallace is going to start at the three for the Nets and there will not be a lot of minutes for Greene. And he’ll have to earn those minutes. That said, at a minimum salary it’s not a bad risk for Brooklyn.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 20
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7