Aug 23, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Chauncey Billups says he wants to be ready for the start of the season. But the Clippers are not really counting on the 36-year-old bouncing back from an Achilles injury that fast.
In a report discussing how the Clippers will start this season trying to play catch up due to injury, Arash Markazi of ESPNLosAngeles has this note:
To make matters worse, Chauncey Billups, who is still recovering from the torn Achilles tendon he suffered in February, isn’t expected to return to the court until November, while Lamar Odom, who hasn’t played in an NBA game since April 7, has been spending most of the summer trying to get back into basketball shape.
For those scoring at home, Billups will be out for training camp and maybe the start of the season. Chris Paul is expected to return from thumb surgery midway through training camp. Blake Griffin (coming off knee surgery) and Lamar Odom (coming off whatever the heck happened to his mind last season) will be brought along slowly. And there are six new guys on the roster to fit into the rotation.
What we’re saying is, don’t bet on a fast Clippers start.
- Derrick Rose leaves Bulls-Nuggets game with hamstring tightness 22
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 18
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23