Aug 23, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Chauncey Billups says he wants to be ready for the start of the season. But the Clippers are not really counting on the 36-year-old bouncing back from an Achilles injury that fast.
In a report discussing how the Clippers will start this season trying to play catch up due to injury, Arash Markazi of ESPNLosAngeles has this note:
To make matters worse, Chauncey Billups, who is still recovering from the torn Achilles tendon he suffered in February, isn’t expected to return to the court until November, while Lamar Odom, who hasn’t played in an NBA game since April 7, has been spending most of the summer trying to get back into basketball shape.
For those scoring at home, Billups will be out for training camp and maybe the start of the season. Chris Paul is expected to return from thumb surgery midway through training camp. Blake Griffin (coming off knee surgery) and Lamar Odom (coming off whatever the heck happened to his mind last season) will be brought along slowly. And there are six new guys on the roster to fit into the rotation.
What we’re saying is, don’t bet on a fast Clippers start.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 6
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)