Aug 23, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Chauncey Billups says he wants to be ready for the start of the season. But the Clippers are not really counting on the 36-year-old bouncing back from an Achilles injury that fast.
In a report discussing how the Clippers will start this season trying to play catch up due to injury, Arash Markazi of ESPNLosAngeles has this note:
To make matters worse, Chauncey Billups, who is still recovering from the torn Achilles tendon he suffered in February, isn’t expected to return to the court until November, while Lamar Odom, who hasn’t played in an NBA game since April 7, has been spending most of the summer trying to get back into basketball shape.
For those scoring at home, Billups will be out for training camp and maybe the start of the season. Chris Paul is expected to return from thumb surgery midway through training camp. Blake Griffin (coming off knee surgery) and Lamar Odom (coming off whatever the heck happened to his mind last season) will be brought along slowly. And there are six new guys on the roster to fit into the rotation.
What we’re saying is, don’t bet on a fast Clippers start.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 37
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85