Aug 23, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Chauncey Billups says he wants to be ready for the start of the season. But the Clippers are not really counting on the 36-year-old bouncing back from an Achilles injury that fast.
In a report discussing how the Clippers will start this season trying to play catch up due to injury, Arash Markazi of ESPNLosAngeles has this note:
To make matters worse, Chauncey Billups, who is still recovering from the torn Achilles tendon he suffered in February, isn’t expected to return to the court until November, while Lamar Odom, who hasn’t played in an NBA game since April 7, has been spending most of the summer trying to get back into basketball shape.
For those scoring at home, Billups will be out for training camp and maybe the start of the season. Chris Paul is expected to return from thumb surgery midway through training camp. Blake Griffin (coming off knee surgery) and Lamar Odom (coming off whatever the heck happened to his mind last season) will be brought along slowly. And there are six new guys on the roster to fit into the rotation.
What we’re saying is, don’t bet on a fast Clippers start.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 25
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 31
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 13
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 43
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42