Aug 23, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Chauncey Billups says he wants to be ready for the start of the season. But the Clippers are not really counting on the 36-year-old bouncing back from an Achilles injury that fast.
In a report discussing how the Clippers will start this season trying to play catch up due to injury, Arash Markazi of ESPNLosAngeles has this note:
To make matters worse, Chauncey Billups, who is still recovering from the torn Achilles tendon he suffered in February, isn’t expected to return to the court until November, while Lamar Odom, who hasn’t played in an NBA game since April 7, has been spending most of the summer trying to get back into basketball shape.
For those scoring at home, Billups will be out for training camp and maybe the start of the season. Chris Paul is expected to return from thumb surgery midway through training camp. Blake Griffin (coming off knee surgery) and Lamar Odom (coming off whatever the heck happened to his mind last season) will be brought along slowly. And there are six new guys on the roster to fit into the rotation.
What we’re saying is, don’t bet on a fast Clippers start.
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 34
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 29