Aug 23, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
We’re bringing you a few Cleveland Cavaliers notes… because it’s August and we need things to write about. After this we’ll wait until Kyrie Irving does something interesting again.
Cavaliers coach Byron Scott was asked about the acquisition of C.J. Miles and apparently the two have a mutual admiration society going on. Miles said he came to Cleveland in part because Scott sold him on fit.
“I just thought he has so much left in him basketball-wise and it’s really untapped,” Cavs coach Byron Scott said Tuesday at the team’s charity golf outing at Firestone Country Club. “There are so many things he can do on a basketball court. I thought he’d be a great fit for us.”
Two other notes:
• Dion Waiters was a little pudgy and not terribly impressive at Summer League in Las Vegas. But Scott had this report for the Beacon-Journal.
Scott said he is in much better physical shape after watching him play. “I had a lot of guys who were up there playing come up to me and make comments about how good they thought he looked,” Scott said. “He’s on his way. He told me he’s in good shape, but I told him, ‘You’re not ready yet.’ ”
• Remember that Kyrie Irving had hand surgery this offseason, but he is expected to be fine by the start of training camp. Just something to watch.
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 1
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 5
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 23
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 7
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 42