Aug 23, 2012, 12:32 PM EST
We’re bringing you a few Cleveland Cavaliers notes… because it’s August and we need things to write about. After this we’ll wait until Kyrie Irving does something interesting again.
Cavaliers coach Byron Scott was asked about the acquisition of C.J. Miles and apparently the two have a mutual admiration society going on. Miles said he came to Cleveland in part because Scott sold him on fit.
“I just thought he has so much left in him basketball-wise and it’s really untapped,” Cavs coach Byron Scott said Tuesday at the team’s charity golf outing at Firestone Country Club. “There are so many things he can do on a basketball court. I thought he’d be a great fit for us.”
Two other notes:
• Dion Waiters was a little pudgy and not terribly impressive at Summer League in Las Vegas. But Scott had this report for the Beacon-Journal.
Scott said he is in much better physical shape after watching him play. “I had a lot of guys who were up there playing come up to me and make comments about how good they thought he looked,” Scott said. “He’s on his way. He told me he’s in good shape, but I told him, ‘You’re not ready yet.’ ”
• Remember that Kyrie Irving had hand surgery this offseason, but he is expected to be fine by the start of training camp. Just something to watch.
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)