Aug 23, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
We’re bringing you a few Cleveland Cavaliers notes… because it’s August and we need things to write about. After this we’ll wait until Kyrie Irving does something interesting again.
Cavaliers coach Byron Scott was asked about the acquisition of C.J. Miles and apparently the two have a mutual admiration society going on. Miles said he came to Cleveland in part because Scott sold him on fit.
“I just thought he has so much left in him basketball-wise and it’s really untapped,” Cavs coach Byron Scott said Tuesday at the team’s charity golf outing at Firestone Country Club. “There are so many things he can do on a basketball court. I thought he’d be a great fit for us.”
Two other notes:
• Dion Waiters was a little pudgy and not terribly impressive at Summer League in Las Vegas. But Scott had this report for the Beacon-Journal.
Scott said he is in much better physical shape after watching him play. “I had a lot of guys who were up there playing come up to me and make comments about how good they thought he looked,” Scott said. “He’s on his way. He told me he’s in good shape, but I told him, ‘You’re not ready yet.’ ”
• Remember that Kyrie Irving had hand surgery this offseason, but he is expected to be fine by the start of training camp. Just something to watch.
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 4
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 35
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 32
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25