Aug 23, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
We’re bringing you a few Cleveland Cavaliers notes… because it’s August and we need things to write about. After this we’ll wait until Kyrie Irving does something interesting again.
Cavaliers coach Byron Scott was asked about the acquisition of C.J. Miles and apparently the two have a mutual admiration society going on. Miles said he came to Cleveland in part because Scott sold him on fit.
“I just thought he has so much left in him basketball-wise and it’s really untapped,” Cavs coach Byron Scott said Tuesday at the team’s charity golf outing at Firestone Country Club. “There are so many things he can do on a basketball court. I thought he’d be a great fit for us.”
Two other notes:
• Dion Waiters was a little pudgy and not terribly impressive at Summer League in Las Vegas. But Scott had this report for the Beacon-Journal.
Scott said he is in much better physical shape after watching him play. “I had a lot of guys who were up there playing come up to me and make comments about how good they thought he looked,” Scott said. “He’s on his way. He told me he’s in good shape, but I told him, ‘You’re not ready yet.’ ”
• Remember that Kyrie Irving had hand surgery this offseason, but he is expected to be fine by the start of training camp. Just something to watch.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 0
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 13
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 16
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25