Aug 22, 2012, 7:18 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The always insightful Kelly Dwyer takes a look at the fall and future of Tyreke Evans. This fourth season is really when we will learn about where Evans fits in the league — he’s not going to be that rookie gunner anymore, but he can have a key role on a good team.
• Grantland has a fantastic oral history of the movie “White Men Can’t Jump.” If you read one long post today, this should be it.
• I’ve defended Mark Cuban’s moves the last year or so with the Mavericks, here is another really good one over at Sports Illustrated. It didn’t work out as he hoped, but Cuban made the right move. And the Mavs will be back on top sooner because he didn’t just sign everyone to long-term deals.
• Harrison Barnes, Richard Jefferson or Brandon Rush. Mark Jackson is going to wait until he is into training camp to decide who starts at the three spot for the Warriors. (I’d bet on Jefferson, personally.)
• An interesting post from Henry Abbott of TrueHoop talking with Tony Gaskins — the guy who walks into a room full of NBA rookies and tries to convince them not to have sex with the thousands of women about to throw themselves at them. (And I do mean throw themselves at NBA players, it’s not funny how easy it is for them to get laid whenever they want. When you add temptation and a 19 to 22 year old together, trouble often follows.)
• Video of Michael Jordan at the MLB All-Star game — during his baseball era — asking for Ken Griffey Jr.’s autograph.
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony in Game 6 (VIDEO) 5
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 9
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 6
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Mike Krzyzewski might coach USA Basketball in 2016 Olympics 3
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (62)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay