Aug 22, 2012, 7:18 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The always insightful Kelly Dwyer takes a look at the fall and future of Tyreke Evans. This fourth season is really when we will learn about where Evans fits in the league — he’s not going to be that rookie gunner anymore, but he can have a key role on a good team.
• Grantland has a fantastic oral history of the movie “White Men Can’t Jump.” If you read one long post today, this should be it.
• I’ve defended Mark Cuban’s moves the last year or so with the Mavericks, here is another really good one over at Sports Illustrated. It didn’t work out as he hoped, but Cuban made the right move. And the Mavs will be back on top sooner because he didn’t just sign everyone to long-term deals.
• Harrison Barnes, Richard Jefferson or Brandon Rush. Mark Jackson is going to wait until he is into training camp to decide who starts at the three spot for the Warriors. (I’d bet on Jefferson, personally.)
• An interesting post from Henry Abbott of TrueHoop talking with Tony Gaskins — the guy who walks into a room full of NBA rookies and tries to convince them not to have sex with the thousands of women about to throw themselves at them. (And I do mean throw themselves at NBA players, it’s not funny how easy it is for them to get laid whenever they want. When you add temptation and a 19 to 22 year old together, trouble often follows.)
• Video of Michael Jordan at the MLB All-Star game — during his baseball era — asking for Ken Griffey Jr.’s autograph.
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 10
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 51
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10