Aug 22, 2012, 7:18 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The always insightful Kelly Dwyer takes a look at the fall and future of Tyreke Evans. This fourth season is really when we will learn about where Evans fits in the league — he’s not going to be that rookie gunner anymore, but he can have a key role on a good team.
• Grantland has a fantastic oral history of the movie “White Men Can’t Jump.” If you read one long post today, this should be it.
• I’ve defended Mark Cuban’s moves the last year or so with the Mavericks, here is another really good one over at Sports Illustrated. It didn’t work out as he hoped, but Cuban made the right move. And the Mavs will be back on top sooner because he didn’t just sign everyone to long-term deals.
• Harrison Barnes, Richard Jefferson or Brandon Rush. Mark Jackson is going to wait until he is into training camp to decide who starts at the three spot for the Warriors. (I’d bet on Jefferson, personally.)
• An interesting post from Henry Abbott of TrueHoop talking with Tony Gaskins — the guy who walks into a room full of NBA rookies and tries to convince them not to have sex with the thousands of women about to throw themselves at them. (And I do mean throw themselves at NBA players, it’s not funny how easy it is for them to get laid whenever they want. When you add temptation and a 19 to 22 year old together, trouble often follows.)
• Video of Michael Jordan at the MLB All-Star game — during his baseball era — asking for Ken Griffey Jr.’s autograph.
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 6
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 11
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18