Aug 22, 2012, 10:39 AM EST
This is well done enough that you pause for a second and ask, “is that real?” Jose Calderon is sitting around on the set of a Spanish Kia commercial just putting up incredible trick shots.
They are not real. As Trey Kirby points out at The Basketball Jones, it is physically impossible to get a below the rim shot to stick in the opposite side of the rim. Even the new physics of the Higgs Boson particle say that can’t be done.
But, clever ad.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 0
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 1
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 21
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (56)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)