Aug 22, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
As teams finish rounding out their roster, they tend to go with one of two kinds of players for spots 11-15 at the end of the bench — young players with potential they think might develop, or a veteran they think can provide a little help on the court and be good in the locker room.
Michael Redd is the latter. He will be just 33 next season but his knees are much older than that. Last season in Phoenix he gave them 8.2 points per game in 15 minutes, but the once feared sharpshooter hit just 40 percent of his shots and 31.8 percent from three. He’s not efficient anymore. Notice the Suns (not exactly an NBA contender) are not bringing him back.
However, there are teams interested in Redd, reports Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio.
Apparently no interest from Cavs on Ohio guy Michael Redd, but teams mentioned as possible suitors include the… Wizards, Nuggets, Grizzlies, Bulls, and yes, Thunder, who still have a spot available in the backcourt after Derek Fisher‘s departure.
Take this all with a grain of salt, this likely comes an agent or someone in the business of promoting Redd. Also know that he would get a veteran’s minimum deal only so long as the GM in question is sober.
Some team will grab him, likely close to the start of camp. That list could expand a little if a team suffers an injury at guard and is suddenly looking for depth at the spot, but basically he is not going to be a guy you want on your fantasy team anymore.
Some team will probably pick up Fisher, too.
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 0
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 23
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 10
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)