Aug 22, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
As teams finish rounding out their roster, they tend to go with one of two kinds of players for spots 11-15 at the end of the bench — young players with potential they think might develop, or a veteran they think can provide a little help on the court and be good in the locker room.
Michael Redd is the latter. He will be just 33 next season but his knees are much older than that. Last season in Phoenix he gave them 8.2 points per game in 15 minutes, but the once feared sharpshooter hit just 40 percent of his shots and 31.8 percent from three. He’s not efficient anymore. Notice the Suns (not exactly an NBA contender) are not bringing him back.
However, there are teams interested in Redd, reports Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio.
Apparently no interest from Cavs on Ohio guy Michael Redd, but teams mentioned as possible suitors include the… Wizards, Nuggets, Grizzlies, Bulls, and yes, Thunder, who still have a spot available in the backcourt after Derek Fisher‘s departure.
Take this all with a grain of salt, this likely comes an agent or someone in the business of promoting Redd. Also know that he would get a veteran’s minimum deal only so long as the GM in question is sober.
Some team will grab him, likely close to the start of camp. That list could expand a little if a team suffers an injury at guard and is suddenly looking for depth at the spot, but basically he is not going to be a guy you want on your fantasy team anymore.
Some team will probably pick up Fisher, too.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28