Aug 22, 2012, 10:13 AM EDT
First there was the NBA finals. Then there was a trip to London to pick up some gold with a few friends. Then there has been a week of red carpets and movie promotion.
It’s been a busy summer for Kevin Durant.
With the release of his movie “Thuderstruck” this weekend Durant has been making the rounds promoting the film, but now it is time to focus on getting some rest and being ready for the Thunder’s season, he told Marc Stein of ESPN.com.
I think I’m just going to work out, get my cardio back up. If anybody knows me, I probably won’t stop [playing]. But I’m going to have to force myself, too. I know rest is very important, just as important as getting better on the basketball court. I gotta make sure I get my proper rest [to be] ready for the start of training camp.
A couple weeks ago, the Thunder were still the favorite in the West, but with the Lakers acquisition of Dwight Howard things will be very interesting. To say the least. But the Thunder to a man continue to say all the right things about worrying about themselves not everyone else.
It’s different every year. What we did last year is out the door, though. We can’t bring that into the new season. The target is going to be on our back, just like it has been for the last two years.
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 16
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 7
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 18
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 21
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26