Aug 22, 2012, 10:13 AM EST
First there was the NBA finals. Then there was a trip to London to pick up some gold with a few friends. Then there has been a week of red carpets and movie promotion.
It’s been a busy summer for Kevin Durant.
With the release of his movie “Thuderstruck” this weekend Durant has been making the rounds promoting the film, but now it is time to focus on getting some rest and being ready for the Thunder’s season, he told Marc Stein of ESPN.com.
I think I’m just going to work out, get my cardio back up. If anybody knows me, I probably won’t stop [playing]. But I’m going to have to force myself, too. I know rest is very important, just as important as getting better on the basketball court. I gotta make sure I get my proper rest [to be] ready for the start of training camp.
A couple weeks ago, the Thunder were still the favorite in the West, but with the Lakers acquisition of Dwight Howard things will be very interesting. To say the least. But the Thunder to a man continue to say all the right things about worrying about themselves not everyone else.
It’s different every year. What we did last year is out the door, though. We can’t bring that into the new season. The target is going to be on our back, just like it has been for the last two years.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9