Aug 22, 2012, 10:13 AM EDT
First there was the NBA finals. Then there was a trip to London to pick up some gold with a few friends. Then there has been a week of red carpets and movie promotion.
It’s been a busy summer for Kevin Durant.
With the release of his movie “Thuderstruck” this weekend Durant has been making the rounds promoting the film, but now it is time to focus on getting some rest and being ready for the Thunder’s season, he told Marc Stein of ESPN.com.
I think I’m just going to work out, get my cardio back up. If anybody knows me, I probably won’t stop [playing]. But I’m going to have to force myself, too. I know rest is very important, just as important as getting better on the basketball court. I gotta make sure I get my proper rest [to be] ready for the start of training camp.
A couple weeks ago, the Thunder were still the favorite in the West, but with the Lakers acquisition of Dwight Howard things will be very interesting. To say the least. But the Thunder to a man continue to say all the right things about worrying about themselves not everyone else.
It’s different every year. What we did last year is out the door, though. We can’t bring that into the new season. The target is going to be on our back, just like it has been for the last two years.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 11
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 44
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11