Aug 22, 2012, 10:13 AM EDT
First there was the NBA finals. Then there was a trip to London to pick up some gold with a few friends. Then there has been a week of red carpets and movie promotion.
It’s been a busy summer for Kevin Durant.
With the release of his movie “Thuderstruck” this weekend Durant has been making the rounds promoting the film, but now it is time to focus on getting some rest and being ready for the Thunder’s season, he told Marc Stein of ESPN.com.
I think I’m just going to work out, get my cardio back up. If anybody knows me, I probably won’t stop [playing]. But I’m going to have to force myself, too. I know rest is very important, just as important as getting better on the basketball court. I gotta make sure I get my proper rest [to be] ready for the start of training camp.
A couple weeks ago, the Thunder were still the favorite in the West, but with the Lakers acquisition of Dwight Howard things will be very interesting. To say the least. But the Thunder to a man continue to say all the right things about worrying about themselves not everyone else.
It’s different every year. What we did last year is out the door, though. We can’t bring that into the new season. The target is going to be on our back, just like it has been for the last two years.
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Reports: Jason Kidd finalizes deal, will be Nets new coach (62)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record