Aug 22, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT
Rose has said before that while he worked out and worked on his game, he had never really worked on his balance, his core, the things a lot of athletes focus on. He hadn’t needed to. He does now. Which like he says could help him bounce back, although the biggest factor there is he is 23.
Rose is expected to return after the All-Star break sometime. He may want to come back sooner but the Bulls are saying they don’t want to rush him. Which is the right thing. This is about the next five years, not getting back for a meaningless January game.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 11
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 13
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7