Aug 21, 2012, 5:56 PM EDT
So, what about Jason Terry?
The Jet, the second leading scorer and energy off the bench for the Mavericks title team was speaking with the Star-Telegram in Dallas — probably not about his new ink — and said he wants the ultimate remembrance in Dallas.
“The bow was winning the championship, but the icing on the cake will be putting that jersey up in the rafters,’’ Terry told the Star-Telegram on Monday. “If it happens, I’ll be grateful.’’
Before you shake your head, realize Dallas has two retired numbers — Brad Davis (15) and Rolando Blackman (22). Terry fits in with that group.
Plus, the Mavericks would not have won their NBA title without Terry. Obviously, that was Dirk Nowitzki’s team. And they had the defensive anchor of Tyson Chandler and the steady leadership of Kidd and some great moments from Shawn Marion and J.J. Barea.
But Terry was key to the run, key to the Mavericks for years. It’s not out of the question. And unless he develops a process to revive Red Auerbach it’s not happening in Boston.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 3
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 20
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 62
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4