Aug 21, 2012, 5:56 PM EST
So, what about Jason Terry?
The Jet, the second leading scorer and energy off the bench for the Mavericks title team was speaking with the Star-Telegram in Dallas — probably not about his new ink — and said he wants the ultimate remembrance in Dallas.
“The bow was winning the championship, but the icing on the cake will be putting that jersey up in the rafters,’’ Terry told the Star-Telegram on Monday. “If it happens, I’ll be grateful.’’
Before you shake your head, realize Dallas has two retired numbers — Brad Davis (15) and Rolando Blackman (22). Terry fits in with that group.
Plus, the Mavericks would not have won their NBA title without Terry. Obviously, that was Dirk Nowitzki’s team. And they had the defensive anchor of Tyson Chandler and the steady leadership of Kidd and some great moments from Shawn Marion and J.J. Barea.
But Terry was key to the run, key to the Mavericks for years. It’s not out of the question. And unless he develops a process to revive Red Auerbach it’s not happening in Boston.
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 4
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 7
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 40
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 28