Austin Rivers says he is doing well after ankle surgery

Aug 21, 2012, 11:13 PM EDT

New Orleans Hornets Introduce Anthony Davis, Austin Rivers - Press Conference Getty Images

Austin Rivers is the Hornets point guard of the future. That’s how they see it.

How it pans out remains to be seen, but Rivers whatever happens with Rivers it will not be because of the ankle surgery he had this summer. He sounds read ready to put the Hornets’ theory to the test in training camp.

Rivers, the No. 10 pick overall of the Hornets, is at the rookie transitional program this week and spoke with the Times-Picayune about his ankle and his plans for this season.

“I’m doing great actually now, so I’ll be back very soon,” Rivers said Tuesday by telephone from New York where he participated in the NBA’s rookie transition program. “It’s got a lot better and I actually got even stronger than I think I was before I got hurt.”

“I feel I have got more comfortable after each stage,” Rivers said. “But I won’t feel totally comfortable until after I play my first regular-season game.

I’ll get more comfortable and confident in training camp. It’s really going to come down to those first week of games before you realize what you need to do and then try to come out full blast from there whether you play good or not.”

The Hornets have Anthony Davis in the paint and Eric Gordon at the two guard on the wing. Those are the anchors for the future. Now it’s just finding the other pieces, and they are counting on Rivers to be part of that. Scouts had questions about if the score-first guard could adapt to the NBA point guard role. But we’ll see how Rivers fit s into what the Hornets have planed.

He’ll physically up to the task at the least.

1. jon623 - Aug 22, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Holy crap, please proof read these things first…

“But Rivers whatever happens with River…”

“He sounds read ready…”

“But we’ll see how Rivers fit s into…”

“He’ll physically up to the task at least.”

Seriously. Send me a check for 50 bucks a week, I’ll edit every article for you.

• baaaaaaait - Aug 22, 2012 at 12:48 AM

yep, it is literally like this for almost every article published on this blog…

• eugenesaxe - Aug 22, 2012 at 2:50 AM

It’s like reading a straight translation from Lithuanian or something.

• adzs - Aug 22, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Fully agree with what you said, just find it ironic that you spelt cheque wrong in the process :D

• adzs - Aug 22, 2012 at 7:24 AM

My bad American english is alien to me lool -_-

2. bleedburgandyandgold - Aug 22, 2012 at 2:42 AM

If the spelling errors and such bother u guys soooo bad there’s a easy way to fix it u ready for it? Don’t read the damn things lol I read through them and don’t even notice them unless I’m looking for them which I’m not I’m reading for the story not to spell check lol u guys should try it out I might actually enjoy reading them more lmao

• eugenesaxe - Aug 22, 2012 at 2:50 AM

lol u r ryte lol lmao

• baaaaaaait - Aug 22, 2012 at 4:37 AM

I read the site because its constantly updated with the latest stories, I just comment on the lack of proof-reading every now and again because it is so blatant

3. bleedburgandyandgold - Aug 22, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Oh I know my spelling and punctuation is terrible lol prolly why I care less about it I wasn’t trying to take a hi road or anything was just my opinion :)

4. superseahawk - Aug 22, 2012 at 5:46 AM

bleedburgandyandgold

Reading your comment shows me why don’t notice the errors.

This blog has an NBC logo on it, respect the company you work for and show thanks for having an awesome job by doing good work. If Tim Russert or Hugh Downs was a basketball blogger, they would’ve poured their souls into it. Most men in this country pride and define themselves on their job, and Mr. Helin has a great job that he doesn’t feel is important enough to bother proof reading. I understand the importance of getting news out there as fast as possible in the age we’re in, but quality beats quantity everyday. The amount of errors jon623 pointed out is too much not to say anything about.

The main reasons I come to this site is because of the community, the layout of the iPhone app and how quickly they come out with information. The only problem is the lack of concern for editing. The guys on PFT hardly have any errors and they’re pumping out way more articles than PBT.

5. bleedburgandyandgold - Aug 22, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I had posted after my first one that my spelling and grammar are not the best and that’s one of the reasons I don’t care about theirs it just didn’t make it through lol

Warriors vs. Clippers playoff preview