Aug 20, 2012, 10:09 PM EDT
It’s the question we’ve been talking about, everyone around the NBA has been whispering about — What will the Thunder do about James Harden? He will want a max deal next summer — four years, $58 million — and that will put the Thunder into the luxury tax. How much are they willing to pay?
Adrain Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network was on NBC Sports Talk Monday to discuss that issue. He makes the point that with Dwight Howard in the West the idea of OKC using their amnesty on Kendrick Perkins goes out the window.
Check it out, this is as close to real basketball talk as we get for the next couple months.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 22
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 34
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 26
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 56
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12