Aug 20, 2012, 10:09 PM EST
It’s the question we’ve been talking about, everyone around the NBA has been whispering about — What will the Thunder do about James Harden? He will want a max deal next summer — four years, $58 million — and that will put the Thunder into the luxury tax. How much are they willing to pay?
Adrain Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network was on NBC Sports Talk Monday to discuss that issue. He makes the point that with Dwight Howard in the West the idea of OKC using their amnesty on Kendrick Perkins goes out the window.
Check it out, this is as close to real basketball talk as we get for the next couple months.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 18
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6