Aug 20, 2012, 1:27 PM EDT
“It’s been a… huge turnaround. I think the biggest turnaround for me, personally, who I was and who I became in this last year, it’s a big turnaround. That’s what helped me get to those accomplishments. And I just didn’t take anything for granted.”
— LeBron James, talking to ESPN about his incredible year that featured an NBA MVP, an NBA title, an NBA finals MVP and a gold medal (a feat only Michael Jordan has ever done before). Transcribed by Ira Winderman of the Sun-Sentinel.
Not to go all Michael Jackson “Man in the Mirror” but LeBron has said this before, and those around him have said it as well — he needed to mature, accept the fallout of “the decision” for what it was, become comfortable with himself and then he could move on. He seems to have done that, based both on results and another quote in the ESPN interview.
But, for me, I went through a rough patch, and then I was able to figure it out and continue to be myself and I accomplished a lot of my goals, so I’m in a great place.”
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31