Aug 19, 2012, 9:00 PM EST
OK, if you were hoping for any sort of defense to be played at all in this and that it is some sort of validation of Kobe Bryant, I would recommend not watching the video, then saying you watched the video, then lying about what the actual video shows to all your friends at the bar who did not actually see the video.
BUT, if you want to see Kobe Bryant absolutely humiliate a Chinese All-Star Game by dropping 68 in 15, pretty much dunking from one end of the court to the other, here you go.
And lo, the Mamba slayed the Chinese celebrities, and it was good.
From Bryant’s Facebook page:
The Sprite China 2nd Annual Charity Basketball game was a ton of fun. We played two 15 min halves with a running clock. I watched from the bench for the first half. We were trailing by 9 when I was notified that fans via text can choose a team to add 20 additional points to their tally!!! We were now down 29!! I wanted to play it cool but what the heck, the place was packed with fans who’d sang an early happy birthday to me and really wanted to watch me go to work. My teammates were down. They are all singers/actors and do not play ball much AT ALL, but they are very successful at what they do hence they are VERY competitive. They asked if I could bring them back in the second half..
I didn’t want to disappoint them or the fans that had paid their hard earned money for a show so I took the challenge of really using the second half as a training session for my stamina. I ran and ran and ran. I wound up scoring 68 in the 2nd and we won. Like I said, they are not basketball players by any stretch of the imagination. I was just having fun with all of them and loved hearing the crowd enjoy the show we put on.
via Kobe Bryant.
“I was just having fun and could not lose, because, I mean, have you met me?” Bryant could really capitalize by being more honest on Facebook.
- Wesley Matthew’s injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 8
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14