Aug 19, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Anthony Tolliver, despite a very strong season with the Timberwolves, continues to hang out on the free agency limb. There’s been a lot of talk but little action in terms of a contract getting taken care of. And reportedly, now NBA teams will have some competition. Prasinanea.gr reports that Greek powerhouse Panathinaikos is interested in the stretch forward.
The news is bad for NBA Tolliver fans, since it’s possible the club could wind up beating out other offers. Tolliver’s priority is obviously to stay stateside, but we’ve seen these offers sway guys to the other side.
The Wolves have a lot of scorers, but could use Tolliver as a fill-in for Kevin Love. He’s a willing defender and high energy player. Sometimes, though, these offers circulate right before an NBA deal gets inked, as pressure to close a deal is being ramped up by a player’s camp. This seems to come from the Panathinaikos, though. We’ll have to see if Tolliver stays home or heads to Greece.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18