Aug 19, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Anthony Tolliver, despite a very strong season with the Timberwolves, continues to hang out on the free agency limb. There’s been a lot of talk but little action in terms of a contract getting taken care of. And reportedly, now NBA teams will have some competition. Prasinanea.gr reports that Greek powerhouse Panathinaikos is interested in the stretch forward.
The news is bad for NBA Tolliver fans, since it’s possible the club could wind up beating out other offers. Tolliver’s priority is obviously to stay stateside, but we’ve seen these offers sway guys to the other side.
The Wolves have a lot of scorers, but could use Tolliver as a fill-in for Kevin Love. He’s a willing defender and high energy player. Sometimes, though, these offers circulate right before an NBA deal gets inked, as pressure to close a deal is being ramped up by a player’s camp. This seems to come from the Panathinaikos, though. We’ll have to see if Tolliver stays home or heads to Greece.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 10
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 38
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 39
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17