Aug 19, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
Anthony Tolliver, despite a very strong season with the Timberwolves, continues to hang out on the free agency limb. There’s been a lot of talk but little action in terms of a contract getting taken care of. And reportedly, now NBA teams will have some competition. Prasinanea.gr reports that Greek powerhouse Panathinaikos is interested in the stretch forward.
The news is bad for NBA Tolliver fans, since it’s possible the club could wind up beating out other offers. Tolliver’s priority is obviously to stay stateside, but we’ve seen these offers sway guys to the other side.
The Wolves have a lot of scorers, but could use Tolliver as a fill-in for Kevin Love. He’s a willing defender and high energy player. Sometimes, though, these offers circulate right before an NBA deal gets inked, as pressure to close a deal is being ramped up by a player’s camp. This seems to come from the Panathinaikos, though. We’ll have to see if Tolliver stays home or heads to Greece.
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 0
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 3
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 11
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17