Aug 19, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
Anthony Tolliver, despite a very strong season with the Timberwolves, continues to hang out on the free agency limb. There’s been a lot of talk but little action in terms of a contract getting taken care of. And reportedly, now NBA teams will have some competition. Prasinanea.gr reports that Greek powerhouse Panathinaikos is interested in the stretch forward.
The news is bad for NBA Tolliver fans, since it’s possible the club could wind up beating out other offers. Tolliver’s priority is obviously to stay stateside, but we’ve seen these offers sway guys to the other side.
The Wolves have a lot of scorers, but could use Tolliver as a fill-in for Kevin Love. He’s a willing defender and high energy player. Sometimes, though, these offers circulate right before an NBA deal gets inked, as pressure to close a deal is being ramped up by a player’s camp. This seems to come from the Panathinaikos, though. We’ll have to see if Tolliver stays home or heads to Greece.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday… he sold that short 3
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 13
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 17
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)