Aug 19, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Anthony Tolliver, despite a very strong season with the Timberwolves, continues to hang out on the free agency limb. There’s been a lot of talk but little action in terms of a contract getting taken care of. And reportedly, now NBA teams will have some competition. Prasinanea.gr reports that Greek powerhouse Panathinaikos is interested in the stretch forward.
The news is bad for NBA Tolliver fans, since it’s possible the club could wind up beating out other offers. Tolliver’s priority is obviously to stay stateside, but we’ve seen these offers sway guys to the other side.
The Wolves have a lot of scorers, but could use Tolliver as a fill-in for Kevin Love. He’s a willing defender and high energy player. Sometimes, though, these offers circulate right before an NBA deal gets inked, as pressure to close a deal is being ramped up by a player’s camp. This seems to come from the Panathinaikos, though. We’ll have to see if Tolliver stays home or heads to Greece.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20