Aug 18, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Brook Lopez broke his foot in December, before the season. After just five games, he sustained an ankle injury, and that was the season. He re-signed with the Nets during their shopping binge on a four-year max deal that will pay him over $12 million each year for the duration of the contract.
Training camp starts in a month.
He is still not completely healthy, but he’s pretty close.
Lopez is on the NBA’s tour of the Philippines, and on Friday, talked about his condition:
“I’m probably around 90-percent okay but I’m pretty sure I’ll be back in full shape entering the NBA season,” said Lopez
You’d sure like to hear that Lopez is back to full condition, given how long he’s been away and the money signed to him. Even with Lopez’ issues with rebounding and defensively, his offensive load is going to be pivotal for the Nets’ hopes of winning the Atlantic. But 90 percent with two and a half months before the start of the season is more than enough time for him to get that extra 10 percent down and be ready to rock when the Knicks come to the new house.
But as long as the words aren’t “totally healthy,” there will still be one eye kept on Lopez and his health.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 6
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 11
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7