Aug 17, 2012, 9:54 AM EDT
For those of you marking off the days on your calendar at home (do people still do that for anything?), it has been six weeks since Dwyane Wade had knee surgery following helping the Heat win an NBA title.
Dwyane Wade moving well six weeks after surgery. Two weeks away from basketball work…. Dwyane Wade: “I’ll be ready on October 30th. No question.”
Wade seemed to be walking without a limp as he moved around London, where he showed up to watch Team USA basketball and some other sports. But with Wade and his work ethic, you don’t really question if he is going to put the time in to be ready for the season.
Skolnick and Wade also talked about the shifts this summer. Around the league.
Wade on other teams being bigger while Heat embraces small-ball: “They have things we don’t have. But we have things they don’t have.”
As for Dwight Howard:
Wade: “Dwight’s been a thorn in our side. We’re glad he’s in the West. We’ll see him when we see him.”
He also says its one thing for the Lakers to assemble all that talent, it’s another thing to bring it all together. Something the Heat learned the hard way.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 1
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 25
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19