Aug 17, 2012, 9:54 AM EDT
For those of you marking off the days on your calendar at home (do people still do that for anything?), it has been six weeks since Dwyane Wade had knee surgery following helping the Heat win an NBA title.
Dwyane Wade moving well six weeks after surgery. Two weeks away from basketball work…. Dwyane Wade: “I’ll be ready on October 30th. No question.”
Wade seemed to be walking without a limp as he moved around London, where he showed up to watch Team USA basketball and some other sports. But with Wade and his work ethic, you don’t really question if he is going to put the time in to be ready for the season.
Skolnick and Wade also talked about the shifts this summer. Around the league.
Wade on other teams being bigger while Heat embraces small-ball: “They have things we don’t have. But we have things they don’t have.”
As for Dwight Howard:
Wade: “Dwight’s been a thorn in our side. We’re glad he’s in the West. We’ll see him when we see him.”
He also says its one thing for the Lakers to assemble all that talent, it’s another thing to bring it all together. Something the Heat learned the hard way.
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 1
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 5
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 17
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 17
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 18
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (73)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay