Aug 17, 2012, 9:54 AM EDT
For those of you marking off the days on your calendar at home (do people still do that for anything?), it has been six weeks since Dwyane Wade had knee surgery following helping the Heat win an NBA title.
Dwyane Wade moving well six weeks after surgery. Two weeks away from basketball work…. Dwyane Wade: “I’ll be ready on October 30th. No question.”
Wade seemed to be walking without a limp as he moved around London, where he showed up to watch Team USA basketball and some other sports. But with Wade and his work ethic, you don’t really question if he is going to put the time in to be ready for the season.
Skolnick and Wade also talked about the shifts this summer. Around the league.
Wade on other teams being bigger while Heat embraces small-ball: “They have things we don’t have. But we have things they don’t have.”
As for Dwight Howard:
Wade: “Dwight’s been a thorn in our side. We’re glad he’s in the West. We’ll see him when we see him.”
He also says its one thing for the Lakers to assemble all that talent, it’s another thing to bring it all together. Something the Heat learned the hard way.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3