Aug 17, 2012, 9:54 AM EDT
For those of you marking off the days on your calendar at home (do people still do that for anything?), it has been six weeks since Dwyane Wade had knee surgery following helping the Heat win an NBA title.
Dwyane Wade moving well six weeks after surgery. Two weeks away from basketball work…. Dwyane Wade: “I’ll be ready on October 30th. No question.”
Wade seemed to be walking without a limp as he moved around London, where he showed up to watch Team USA basketball and some other sports. But with Wade and his work ethic, you don’t really question if he is going to put the time in to be ready for the season.
Skolnick and Wade also talked about the shifts this summer. Around the league.
Wade on other teams being bigger while Heat embraces small-ball: “They have things we don’t have. But we have things they don’t have.”
As for Dwight Howard:
Wade: “Dwight’s been a thorn in our side. We’re glad he’s in the West. We’ll see him when we see him.”
He also says its one thing for the Lakers to assemble all that talent, it’s another thing to bring it all together. Something the Heat learned the hard way.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9