Aug 17, 2012, 9:54 AM EDT
For those of you marking off the days on your calendar at home (do people still do that for anything?), it has been six weeks since Dwyane Wade had knee surgery following helping the Heat win an NBA title.
Dwyane Wade moving well six weeks after surgery. Two weeks away from basketball work…. Dwyane Wade: “I’ll be ready on October 30th. No question.”
Wade seemed to be walking without a limp as he moved around London, where he showed up to watch Team USA basketball and some other sports. But with Wade and his work ethic, you don’t really question if he is going to put the time in to be ready for the season.
Skolnick and Wade also talked about the shifts this summer. Around the league.
Wade on other teams being bigger while Heat embraces small-ball: “They have things we don’t have. But we have things they don’t have.”
As for Dwight Howard:
Wade: “Dwight’s been a thorn in our side. We’re glad he’s in the West. We’ll see him when we see him.”
He also says its one thing for the Lakers to assemble all that talent, it’s another thing to bring it all together. Something the Heat learned the hard way.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13