Aug 17, 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
This is a great story… however for you college students out there trying to get an internship, we can’t really recommend this as the best way to go about it.
The story goes that college student Vivek Shah is hanging out near Rockafeller Center in Manhattan when Brooklyn Nets CEO Brett Yormark is walking by, leaving a sushi lunch with the Russian basketball team. Shah recognized Yormark, tells him what a huge NEts fans he is and asks to get a picture with him, then Yormark invites him back to the Nets new headquarters. While there he gives the guy some new Nets gear — and an internship in their finance department.
Look, if you can recognize Yormark on the street, you deserve a job with the Nets.
And while the story seems a little far-fetched, if you can stroke the ego of the CEO you can usually get a job anywhere.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 47
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4