Aug 17, 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
This is a great story… however for you college students out there trying to get an internship, we can’t really recommend this as the best way to go about it.
The story goes that college student Vivek Shah is hanging out near Rockafeller Center in Manhattan when Brooklyn Nets CEO Brett Yormark is walking by, leaving a sushi lunch with the Russian basketball team. Shah recognized Yormark, tells him what a huge NEts fans he is and asks to get a picture with him, then Yormark invites him back to the Nets new headquarters. While there he gives the guy some new Nets gear — and an internship in their finance department.
Look, if you can recognize Yormark on the street, you deserve a job with the Nets.
And while the story seems a little far-fetched, if you can stroke the ego of the CEO you can usually get a job anywhere.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30