Aug 17, 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
This is a great story… however for you college students out there trying to get an internship, we can’t really recommend this as the best way to go about it.
The story goes that college student Vivek Shah is hanging out near Rockafeller Center in Manhattan when Brooklyn Nets CEO Brett Yormark is walking by, leaving a sushi lunch with the Russian basketball team. Shah recognized Yormark, tells him what a huge NEts fans he is and asks to get a picture with him, then Yormark invites him back to the Nets new headquarters. While there he gives the guy some new Nets gear — and an internship in their finance department.
Look, if you can recognize Yormark on the street, you deserve a job with the Nets.
And while the story seems a little far-fetched, if you can stroke the ego of the CEO you can usually get a job anywhere.
- Report: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 13
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 4
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 2
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 7
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 16