Aug 17, 2012, 8:58 PM EST
The Timberwolves have a pretty set front line — Kevin Love and Nikola Pekovic will start, with Andrei Kirilenko and Greg Stiemsma behind them. And you can throw Dante Cunningham in the mix if you want.
Against the cap, the #Twolves big man options are limited. But they’re kicking around the Okur idea. Tough w/ just the vet minimum to offer.
This probably is not going to happen. I can think of two reasons. One, Okur has options back in his native Turkey that likely pay him better, and there are fewer games and less wear on the oft-injured player there.
Second, does he really fit with Minnesota? At the end of the bench they need a three-point shooting big who doesn’t do a lot else?
But that’s the rumor.
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 0
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 1
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 8
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 19