Aug 17, 2012, 8:58 PM EDT
The Timberwolves have a pretty set front line — Kevin Love and Nikola Pekovic will start, with Andrei Kirilenko and Greg Stiemsma behind them. And you can throw Dante Cunningham in the mix if you want.
Against the cap, the #Twolves big man options are limited. But they’re kicking around the Okur idea. Tough w/ just the vet minimum to offer.
This probably is not going to happen. I can think of two reasons. One, Okur has options back in his native Turkey that likely pay him better, and there are fewer games and less wear on the oft-injured player there.
Second, does he really fit with Minnesota? At the end of the bench they need a three-point shooting big who doesn’t do a lot else?
But that’s the rumor.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27