Aug 17, 2012, 8:58 PM EST
The Timberwolves have a pretty set front line — Kevin Love and Nikola Pekovic will start, with Andrei Kirilenko and Greg Stiemsma behind them. And you can throw Dante Cunningham in the mix if you want.
Against the cap, the #Twolves big man options are limited. But they’re kicking around the Okur idea. Tough w/ just the vet minimum to offer.
This probably is not going to happen. I can think of two reasons. One, Okur has options back in his native Turkey that likely pay him better, and there are fewer games and less wear on the oft-injured player there.
Second, does he really fit with Minnesota? At the end of the bench they need a three-point shooting big who doesn’t do a lot else?
But that’s the rumor.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 7
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16