Aug 17, 2012, 8:58 PM EDT
The Timberwolves have a pretty set front line — Kevin Love and Nikola Pekovic will start, with Andrei Kirilenko and Greg Stiemsma behind them. And you can throw Dante Cunningham in the mix if you want.
Against the cap, the #Twolves big man options are limited. But they’re kicking around the Okur idea. Tough w/ just the vet minimum to offer.
This probably is not going to happen. I can think of two reasons. One, Okur has options back in his native Turkey that likely pay him better, and there are fewer games and less wear on the oft-injured player there.
Second, does he really fit with Minnesota? At the end of the bench they need a three-point shooting big who doesn’t do a lot else?
But that’s the rumor.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3