Metta World Peace to appear on Yo Gabba Gabba Sunday

Aug 17, 2012, 7:52 AM EDT

Metta World Peace on Yo Gabba Gabba (courtesy Nick Jr.) Metta World Peace on Yo Gabba Gabba (courtesy Nick Jr.)

With that headline and that photo, what else do I need to say?

For those of you who have not had the pleasure of Yo Gabba Gabba — meaning you have not had a child under 4 in the past few years — let me help you out. As best I can, I’ve watched more episodes than I care to admit with my daughters and I still can’t really describe the show well.

Yo Gabba Gabba is a retro, psychedelic show where orange-clad DJ Lance Rock and a cast of cartoonish characters — a large red Cyclops, a green monster, a robot, a bubble flower girl — teach children lessons through music. They sing songs like “There’s a party in my tummy (so yummy, so yummy)” about trying new foods.

What makes Yo Gabba Gabba the least offensive of the brain-sucking children’s programing out there is the guests they get — Jack Black, The Killers, Questlove, Devo, My Chemical Romance, Weezer, Sarah Silverman, MGMT, and the list goes on and on.

And now the list includes Metta World Peace, who will be on as part of an Olympics special (hat tip to Andy Kamenetzki of ESPNLosAngeles.com). Don’t mind that World Peace wasn’t in London, that’s not the point. The point is that World Peace is hanging with a giant red Cyclops.

Which is better than vampire housewives, I guess.

1. tannethrill - Aug 17, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Does anyone check the background on these guests?

Seriously, who would let there toddler learn lessons from Ron Arrest?

This sounds seriously inappropriate.

• monkeyhateclean - Aug 17, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I don’t think that show has a live audience, so no worries about hecklers sending Artest into Hulk-mode.

2. acdc363 - Aug 17, 2012 at 8:33 AM

The only reason I know about this show is cause the creator is from this awesome band called The Aquabats.

• scalfor3 - Aug 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM

the worlds greatest mormon ska band

• scalfor3 - Aug 17, 2012 at 2:08 PM

also of note, travis barker used to be their drummer. which makes it even funnier when he tries to look hard and make rap songs with lil wayne

3. crillbill - Aug 17, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Special Olympics?

4. cantonbound13 - Aug 17, 2012 at 9:10 AM

This is the one mistake Kupchak made since becomming GM.

5. pop562 - Aug 17, 2012 at 9:48 AM

So it was a mistake ron artest barried that 3 in game 7 that help the lakers win the repeat.

6. paulhargis53 - Aug 17, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Ratings should be through the roof.
    This your typical laker fans favorite show. Anything above this would dumbfound them.

• badintent - Aug 17, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Rating will not be through the roof if it competes in the same time slot as Telemundo news with theAmazon weather woman . She got every white girl beat with those things.!! Que Bueno !

7. karlton2 - Aug 17, 2012 at 2:27 PM

“Yo Gabba Gabba is a retro, psychedelic show where orange-clad DJ Lance Rock and a cast of cartoonish characters — a large red Cyclops, a green monster, a robot, a bubble flower girl”

You forgot Toodee, a blue cat-dragon.

Duh.

8. thundersandpackers - Aug 17, 2012 at 7:50 PM

what is the lesson. dont, dont hit your friends.

9. tajhman34as - Aug 20, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Was that yesterday

How has sale of Hawks made other NBA owners nervous?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches