Aug 17, 2012, 7:52 AM EDT
With that headline and that photo, what else do I need to say?
For those of you who have not had the pleasure of Yo Gabba Gabba — meaning you have not had a child under 4 in the past few years — let me help you out. As best I can, I’ve watched more episodes than I care to admit with my daughters and I still can’t really describe the show well.
Yo Gabba Gabba is a retro, psychedelic show where orange-clad DJ Lance Rock and a cast of cartoonish characters — a large red Cyclops, a green monster, a robot, a bubble flower girl — teach children lessons through music. They sing songs like “There’s a party in my tummy (so yummy, so yummy)” about trying new foods.
What makes Yo Gabba Gabba the least offensive of the brain-sucking children’s programing out there is the guests they get — Jack Black, The Killers, Questlove, Devo, My Chemical Romance, Weezer, Sarah Silverman, MGMT, and the list goes on and on.
And now the list includes Metta World Peace, who will be on as part of an Olympics special (hat tip to Andy Kamenetzki of ESPNLosAngeles.com). Don’t mind that World Peace wasn’t in London, that’s not the point. The point is that World Peace is hanging with a giant red Cyclops.
Which is better than vampire housewives, I guess.
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 28
- Tim Duncan on decision to opt in for final year of his contract: ‘There was some hesitation there’ 20