Aug 17, 2012, 7:52 AM EDT
With that headline and that photo, what else do I need to say?
For those of you who have not had the pleasure of Yo Gabba Gabba — meaning you have not had a child under 4 in the past few years — let me help you out. As best I can, I’ve watched more episodes than I care to admit with my daughters and I still can’t really describe the show well.
Yo Gabba Gabba is a retro, psychedelic show where orange-clad DJ Lance Rock and a cast of cartoonish characters — a large red Cyclops, a green monster, a robot, a bubble flower girl — teach children lessons through music. They sing songs like “There’s a party in my tummy (so yummy, so yummy)” about trying new foods.
What makes Yo Gabba Gabba the least offensive of the brain-sucking children’s programing out there is the guests they get — Jack Black, The Killers, Questlove, Devo, My Chemical Romance, Weezer, Sarah Silverman, MGMT, and the list goes on and on.
And now the list includes Metta World Peace, who will be on as part of an Olympics special (hat tip to Andy Kamenetzki of ESPNLosAngeles.com). Don’t mind that World Peace wasn’t in London, that’s not the point. The point is that World Peace is hanging with a giant red Cyclops.
Which is better than vampire housewives, I guess.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50