Aug 17, 2012, 7:52 AM EDT
With that headline and that photo, what else do I need to say?
For those of you who have not had the pleasure of Yo Gabba Gabba — meaning you have not had a child under 4 in the past few years — let me help you out. As best I can, I’ve watched more episodes than I care to admit with my daughters and I still can’t really describe the show well.
Yo Gabba Gabba is a retro, psychedelic show where orange-clad DJ Lance Rock and a cast of cartoonish characters — a large red Cyclops, a green monster, a robot, a bubble flower girl — teach children lessons through music. They sing songs like “There’s a party in my tummy (so yummy, so yummy)” about trying new foods.
What makes Yo Gabba Gabba the least offensive of the brain-sucking children’s programing out there is the guests they get — Jack Black, The Killers, Questlove, Devo, My Chemical Romance, Weezer, Sarah Silverman, MGMT, and the list goes on and on.
And now the list includes Metta World Peace, who will be on as part of an Olympics special (hat tip to Andy Kamenetzki of ESPNLosAngeles.com). Don’t mind that World Peace wasn’t in London, that’s not the point. The point is that World Peace is hanging with a giant red Cyclops.
Which is better than vampire housewives, I guess.
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 0
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7