Aug 17, 2012, 7:52 AM EDT
With that headline and that photo, what else do I need to say?
For those of you who have not had the pleasure of Yo Gabba Gabba — meaning you have not had a child under 4 in the past few years — let me help you out. As best I can, I’ve watched more episodes than I care to admit with my daughters and I still can’t really describe the show well.
Yo Gabba Gabba is a retro, psychedelic show where orange-clad DJ Lance Rock and a cast of cartoonish characters — a large red Cyclops, a green monster, a robot, a bubble flower girl — teach children lessons through music. They sing songs like “There’s a party in my tummy (so yummy, so yummy)” about trying new foods.
What makes Yo Gabba Gabba the least offensive of the brain-sucking children’s programing out there is the guests they get — Jack Black, The Killers, Questlove, Devo, My Chemical Romance, Weezer, Sarah Silverman, MGMT, and the list goes on and on.
And now the list includes Metta World Peace, who will be on as part of an Olympics special (hat tip to Andy Kamenetzki of ESPNLosAngeles.com). Don’t mind that World Peace wasn’t in London, that’s not the point. The point is that World Peace is hanging with a giant red Cyclops.
Which is better than vampire housewives, I guess.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6