Aug 17, 2012, 9:15 PM EDT
The Celtics don’t want him to be. He’s never going to be the pure shooter Allen has been (who is?) but Terry can create his own shot and do things Allen can’t. And Terry likes being the sixth man, he thrives in that role.
But Terry told ESPNBoston.com he has been watching film and learning some of Allen’s plays.
“I have been watching film and watching Ray Allen, the way he maneuvers and works off screens,” Terry said, noting that one of his goals this offseason has been to become a better jump shooter while curling off of said screens.
“I believe in [Celtics head coach] Doc [Rivers]’ system. He’ll have me do some of those things, so curling the three, that’s a tough shot, it’s off balance. And that’s just one that I will add.”
It’s smart by Terry, Boston doesn’t want to start radically changing what they do, so having Terry in some of Allen’s spots makes sense. He will also create plays for himself and others that Allen just could not do at this point in his career.
Terry is one of the key reasons Boston got better this offseason. Maybe not as much as some Celtics fans seem to think, but they got better.
Here’s some more Jason Terry for you, via CSNNE.com.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48