Aug 17, 2012, 9:15 PM EDT
The Celtics don’t want him to be. He’s never going to be the pure shooter Allen has been (who is?) but Terry can create his own shot and do things Allen can’t. And Terry likes being the sixth man, he thrives in that role.
But Terry told ESPNBoston.com he has been watching film and learning some of Allen’s plays.
“I have been watching film and watching Ray Allen, the way he maneuvers and works off screens,” Terry said, noting that one of his goals this offseason has been to become a better jump shooter while curling off of said screens.
“I believe in [Celtics head coach] Doc [Rivers]‘ system. He’ll have me do some of those things, so curling the three, that’s a tough shot, it’s off balance. And that’s just one that I will add.”
It’s smart by Terry, Boston doesn’t want to start radically changing what they do, so having Terry in some of Allen’s spots makes sense. He will also create plays for himself and others that Allen just could not do at this point in his career.
Terry is one of the key reasons Boston got better this offseason. Maybe not as much as some Celtics fans seem to think, but they got better.
Here’s some more Jason Terry for you, via CSNNE.com.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43