Aug 16, 2012, 5:42 PM EDT
I’d tell you not to try blocking a bullet like a lazy lay-up at home, but really this falls under the same thing as the warning on hair dryers not to use them in the shower — if you’re stupid enough to try it, well, then it’s natural selection at work.
Yao Ming is working on a documentary trying to stem animal poaching in Africa from the demand end of the equation — if you stop buying contraband goods, if the demand dries up, then the supply will drop off as well and the poaching will go away. (I will leave it up to you to draw any parallels with the war on drugs.) Ivory is a hot commodity in China, which is fueling the poaching, so him stepping in on this issue (as he did with shark fins for shark fin soup) and traveling to Kenya is a noble effort.
This is less of an issue here stateside, I just liked the video, and the message, and we are in the dead part of the off-season, so here you go. I look forward to the return of the NBA season and actual news and games to analyze, too.
Hat tip to SLAM.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 14
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 6
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 11
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4