Aug 16, 2012, 5:42 PM EDT
I’d tell you not to try blocking a bullet like a lazy lay-up at home, but really this falls under the same thing as the warning on hair dryers not to use them in the shower — if you’re stupid enough to try it, well, then it’s natural selection at work.
Yao Ming is working on a documentary trying to stem animal poaching in Africa from the demand end of the equation — if you stop buying contraband goods, if the demand dries up, then the supply will drop off as well and the poaching will go away. (I will leave it up to you to draw any parallels with the war on drugs.) Ivory is a hot commodity in China, which is fueling the poaching, so him stepping in on this issue (as he did with shark fins for shark fin soup) and traveling to Kenya is a noble effort.
This is less of an issue here stateside, I just liked the video, and the message, and we are in the dead part of the off-season, so here you go. I look forward to the return of the NBA season and actual news and games to analyze, too.
Hat tip to SLAM.
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 8
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 23
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 8
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 101
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (101)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'