Aug 15, 2012, 1:54 PM EDT
There has been a handful of small roster moves in the last 48 hours the kind of things you want to know if it’s you’re team. Not difference making moves, but moves.
We thought we should bring them to you in bullet form.
• The Phoenix Suns have signed a deal with Jermaine O’Neal for the next season. This is a one-year, $1.4 million deal where he will back up Marcin Gortat. O’Neal had the Kobe/German/Orthokine knee procedure done this summer, and you combine that with the Suns’ miracle-working training staff and he should be able to give the Suns some quality minutes this year.
• To clear a roster spot, the Suns waived Brad Miller. He will retire from the game. And he will be missed, he had a solid NBA career.
• The Magic have re-signed guard Ishmael Smith – but everyone calls him Ish. This is a one-year deal where he will play sparingly behind Jameer Nelson. If you see a lot of him, it means the Magic’s season is going worse than already predicted. And it isn’t predicted to be good. Smith played 26 games last season split between Golden State and Orlando and average 9 minutes and 2.8 points per game.
• The Pistons have formally signed rookie forward Khris Middleton.
• The Suns also have waived guard Jerome Dyson.
• Former Raptor Alexis Ajinca has re-signed with SIG Strasbourg in France.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11