Aug 15, 2012, 1:18 AM EST
You have to remember that whenever you read the comments from an NBA player about the new team he is joining, it’s pretty much the tone of what you would tell your mom after you got a job you really wanted. Just with more clichés.
What Andre Iguodala said about joining the Nuggets to the team’s official site fits right in with that.
It doesn’t mean the sentiment isn’t genuine — he should be pumped about joining a team that better fits his skill set — but you’re getting the PG, Disney version of his thoughts.
Here is what Iggy told Nuggets.com.
“I like the roster that Josh (Kroenke, team president) and (executive vice president of basketball operations) Masai (Ujiri) have assembled,” Iguodala said. “It’s a high-energy group with a lot of athleticism.
“I’ve played with Andre Miller and know how valuable a player he is. Ty (Lawson) is one of the best young point guards in the league and Danilo (Gallinari) can really stretch the defense with his shooting and can do a lot of other good things offensively. The young bigs like JaVale (McGee), (Kenneth) Faried and (Timofey) Mozgov are all talented guys who will only continue to get better.”
The Nuggets are going to be a team to catch on League Pass next year — they are going to play fast, be 10 deep with athletes and probably will share the ball better than any team in the league. Iguodala is a good fit there as he’s just going to be asked to do what he did winning a gold medal for Team USA — just do more of it. He helps their perimeter defense tremendously.
And he’s excited to be there.
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 21
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 12
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 52
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28