Aug 15, 2012, 1:18 AM EDT
You have to remember that whenever you read the comments from an NBA player about the new team he is joining, it’s pretty much the tone of what you would tell your mom after you got a job you really wanted. Just with more clichés.
What Andre Iguodala said about joining the Nuggets to the team’s official site fits right in with that.
It doesn’t mean the sentiment isn’t genuine — he should be pumped about joining a team that better fits his skill set — but you’re getting the PG, Disney version of his thoughts.
Here is what Iggy told Nuggets.com.
“I like the roster that Josh (Kroenke, team president) and (executive vice president of basketball operations) Masai (Ujiri) have assembled,” Iguodala said. “It’s a high-energy group with a lot of athleticism.
“I’ve played with Andre Miller and know how valuable a player he is. Ty (Lawson) is one of the best young point guards in the league and Danilo (Gallinari) can really stretch the defense with his shooting and can do a lot of other good things offensively. The young bigs like JaVale (McGee), (Kenneth) Faried and (Timofey) Mozgov are all talented guys who will only continue to get better.”
The Nuggets are going to be a team to catch on League Pass next year — they are going to play fast, be 10 deep with athletes and probably will share the ball better than any team in the league. Iguodala is a good fit there as he’s just going to be asked to do what he did winning a gold medal for Team USA — just do more of it. He helps their perimeter defense tremendously.
And he’s excited to be there.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 11
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 11
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 32
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 25
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games