Aug 15, 2012, 2:52 PM EST
If you really still care about the Dream Team vs. 2012 Team USA debate, you can finally settle it for yourself.
With your Xbox 360.
NBA 2K13 comes out Oct. 2 and the makers have announced — via a picture tweeted out and confirmed by Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated — that the original Dream Team will be part of the game this year (Ball Don’t Lie noted this as well). Well, the original Dream Team minus Scottie Pippen, who could not reach a licensing deal with 2K Sports.
My favorite part of this — somebody has finally put John Stockton in long shorts.
More details on all this certainly will leak out. But personally, I want to play with Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose and the other young stars of today rather than keep living in the past. No offense to the dream team, who have had their summer back in the sun on their 20th anniversary. But we have a great league with great stars right now, and I’m just ready to live in the present.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 12
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 14
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18