Aug 15, 2012, 2:52 PM EDT
If you really still care about the Dream Team vs. 2012 Team USA debate, you can finally settle it for yourself.
With your Xbox 360.
NBA 2K13 comes out Oct. 2 and the makers have announced — via a picture tweeted out and confirmed by Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated — that the original Dream Team will be part of the game this year (Ball Don’t Lie noted this as well). Well, the original Dream Team minus Scottie Pippen, who could not reach a licensing deal with 2K Sports.
My favorite part of this — somebody has finally put John Stockton in long shorts.
More details on all this certainly will leak out. But personally, I want to play with Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose and the other young stars of today rather than keep living in the past. No offense to the dream team, who have had their summer back in the sun on their 20th anniversary. But we have a great league with great stars right now, and I’m just ready to live in the present.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 16
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 24
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 27
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 30
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30