Aug 15, 2012, 2:52 PM EST
If you really still care about the Dream Team vs. 2012 Team USA debate, you can finally settle it for yourself.
With your Xbox 360.
NBA 2K13 comes out Oct. 2 and the makers have announced — via a picture tweeted out and confirmed by Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated — that the original Dream Team will be part of the game this year (Ball Don’t Lie noted this as well). Well, the original Dream Team minus Scottie Pippen, who could not reach a licensing deal with 2K Sports.
My favorite part of this — somebody has finally put John Stockton in long shorts.
More details on all this certainly will leak out. But personally, I want to play with Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose and the other young stars of today rather than keep living in the past. No offense to the dream team, who have had their summer back in the sun on their 20th anniversary. But we have a great league with great stars right now, and I’m just ready to live in the present.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday… he sold that short 3
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 13
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 17
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)