Aug 15, 2012, 2:52 PM EDT
If you really still care about the Dream Team vs. 2012 Team USA debate, you can finally settle it for yourself.
With your Xbox 360.
NBA 2K13 comes out Oct. 2 and the makers have announced — via a picture tweeted out and confirmed by Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated — that the original Dream Team will be part of the game this year (Ball Don’t Lie noted this as well). Well, the original Dream Team minus Scottie Pippen, who could not reach a licensing deal with 2K Sports.
My favorite part of this — somebody has finally put John Stockton in long shorts.
More details on all this certainly will leak out. But personally, I want to play with Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose and the other young stars of today rather than keep living in the past. No offense to the dream team, who have had their summer back in the sun on their 20th anniversary. But we have a great league with great stars right now, and I’m just ready to live in the present.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20