2012 Team USA vs. Dream team part of NBA 2K13

Aug 15, 2012, 2:52 PM EDT

NBA 2K13 Dream Team

If you really still care about the Dream Team vs. 2012 Team USA debate, you can finally settle it for yourself.

With your Xbox 360.

NBA 2K13 comes out Oct. 2 and the makers have announced — via a picture tweeted out and confirmed by Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated — that the original Dream Team will be part of the game this year (Ball Don’t Lie noted this as well). Well, the original Dream Team minus Scottie Pippen, who could not reach a licensing deal with 2K Sports.

My favorite part of this — somebody has finally put John Stockton in long shorts.

More details on all this certainly will leak out. But personally, I want to play with Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose and the other young stars of today rather than keep living in the past. No offense to the dream team, who have had their summer back in the sun on their 20th anniversary. But we have a great league with great stars right now, and I’m just ready to live in the present.

1. spellingcopfather - Aug 15, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Hey (Kurt) Show PS3 some love, anyways if NBA Live 13 does not get release i might have to get this game just for the All Star weekend they added!!!

• camnellum12 - Aug 15, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Live 13 is releasing, they’re just being painfully quite about things.

• philadelphiafan - Aug 16, 2012 at 12:37 AM

NBA Live sucks lol. 2k owns EA.

2. unxpexted1 - Aug 15, 2012 at 3:15 PM

that was quick

3. thebigcaptain2011 - Aug 15, 2012 at 3:26 PM

First of al, I could care less about the stupid debate. I am just excited to finally get a chance to play as Sir Charles in an NBA game without having to create him first.
    Secondly, NBA Live isn’t even competition anymore. Mix in this, with Jay-Z executive producing this, the big trades and signings and likely international teams, NBA Live just seems like old news.
    It was only right that they have the Dream Team on a game 20 years after they took the court together…..of course besides that game on Genesis that I’m sure Kurt owned….

4. camnellum12 - Aug 15, 2012 at 3:37 PM

This won’t convince me, I’m still getting NBA Live 13. The bad passing, terrible animations, glitches, freezes, and bad AI is enough for me to never purchase an 2K basketball game again. Say what you want about EA, but there will be actual LOGICAL basketball gameplay:

The playmaker engine will be good, things like Rondo doing a putback dunk, or Perkins running faster than Westbrook won’t happen. You can actually pull the chair in the post, Synergy Sports will be incorporated into the game, your teammates will move with a purpose and not just watch, and the ESPN presentation will be nice. Overall 2K13 will be better, but I just better gameplay, damn the My Player and NBA’s Greatest.

5. dls612 - Aug 15, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Even on the video game the dream team look beast mode! I’ll probably play this, and pick the dream team every time!

6. diehardcard - Aug 15, 2012 at 4:41 PM

No Tippin’ Pippen couldn’t agree on money, huh? Color me shocked.

7. blueintown - Aug 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM

“I was so hopeful we were done with this debate. So very hopeful. This topic should be as dead as William McKinley. Please just make it stop…Personally, I’m done with this debate.” – Kurt Helin, in a story he posted two hours and fifty-two minutes before this one titled “Make it stop: Jordan again says Dream Team would beat 2012 Team USA”.

A great way to end this preposterous debate would be to stop perpetuating it.

8. 00maltliquor - Aug 15, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Yes!!! Finally!!! The debate is OVER!

Just play the two teams against each other on 12 minute quarters, with both controler symbols in the middle so the computer plays by itself and do it for a 7 game series and see who would really come out on top!!

And the when the 2012 team wins 4-2, we can all blame it on Scottie “No Tippin'” Pippen’s character not being avalible to gaurd the likes of LeBron and/or Kobe! THANKS A LOT SCOTTIE!!! Everyone else reached a deal you greedy f**k!

This games still gonna be AWESOME though! I hope they have all the inernational teams too (for Barcelona and London). I just wish it was Christian Laettner who couldn’t come to terms with the licsencing deal.

9. dgforreal - Aug 15, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Sim 1000 games.

Post the results.

Shut the **** up about it forever.

10. patfic15 - Aug 15, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Pippen….always a prick in the group.

Lakers, Celtics among lottery bound teams
Top 10 NBA Player Searches