Aug 14, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
Danilo Gallinari has been spending his summer with the Italian national team as they prepare for EuroBasket qualifying (didn’t that just happen a year ago?), but reports say that back and particularly shoulder issues have had him not on the court with his countrymen for weeks.
That’s not good.
But it’s not that serious, more precautionary, tweets Benjamin Hochman of the Denver Post.
Some sites are makin a huge deal about a Gallinari shoulder injury, but I talked w someone close to him who said he’ll be fine for camp
Denver is potentially a good and very entertaining team this season — they are 10 deep with young players like Ty Lawson and Kenneth Faried who work hard and want to get out and run. They will be relentless. Read Beckley Mason’s great post at TrueHoop, but the Nuggets as a four seed in the West is possible (I see Oklahoma City and the two Los Angeles teams as the top three seeds).
Gallinari and his scoring will be a big part of that — when healthy he averaged 14.6 points per game and he could and should put up bigger numbers this year. He’s a big part of what the Nuggets want to do. So Nuggets fans need to hope the reports he is just fine are true.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16