Aug 14, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
Danilo Gallinari has been spending his summer with the Italian national team as they prepare for EuroBasket qualifying (didn’t that just happen a year ago?), but reports say that back and particularly shoulder issues have had him not on the court with his countrymen for weeks.
That’s not good.
But it’s not that serious, more precautionary, tweets Benjamin Hochman of the Denver Post.
Some sites are makin a huge deal about a Gallinari shoulder injury, but I talked w someone close to him who said he’ll be fine for camp
Denver is potentially a good and very entertaining team this season — they are 10 deep with young players like Ty Lawson and Kenneth Faried who work hard and want to get out and run. They will be relentless. Read Beckley Mason’s great post at TrueHoop, but the Nuggets as a four seed in the West is possible (I see Oklahoma City and the two Los Angeles teams as the top three seeds).
Gallinari and his scoring will be a big part of that — when healthy he averaged 14.6 points per game and he could and should put up bigger numbers this year. He’s a big part of what the Nuggets want to do. So Nuggets fans need to hope the reports he is just fine are true.
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 20
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 9
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64