Aug 14, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
Danilo Gallinari has been spending his summer with the Italian national team as they prepare for EuroBasket qualifying (didn’t that just happen a year ago?), but reports say that back and particularly shoulder issues have had him not on the court with his countrymen for weeks.
That’s not good.
But it’s not that serious, more precautionary, tweets Benjamin Hochman of the Denver Post.
Some sites are makin a huge deal about a Gallinari shoulder injury, but I talked w someone close to him who said he’ll be fine for camp
Denver is potentially a good and very entertaining team this season — they are 10 deep with young players like Ty Lawson and Kenneth Faried who work hard and want to get out and run. They will be relentless. Read Beckley Mason’s great post at TrueHoop, but the Nuggets as a four seed in the West is possible (I see Oklahoma City and the two Los Angeles teams as the top three seeds).
Gallinari and his scoring will be a big part of that — when healthy he averaged 14.6 points per game and he could and should put up bigger numbers this year. He’s a big part of what the Nuggets want to do. So Nuggets fans need to hope the reports he is just fine are true.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50