Aug 14, 2012, 2:51 AM EDT
No, Metta World Peace has not gone Hollywood, what would make you say that?
Oh, this maybe.
Los Angeles Lakers’ Metta World Peace has joined the cast of the original scripted spoof pilot “Real Vampire Housewives” (RVH) where he will portray a gregarious and overtly sexual vampire elder. RVH follows a group of mischievous women who are married to vampires. The housewives find plenty of wicked trouble to occupy them during the day while their husbands rest. For the pilot, a recently engaged couple must seek permission from the clan’s elder to wed. The elder, Gossamer will be portrayed by Metta. RVH shoots in September on location in Encino, California.
Yes, this is legit.
I have no doubt MWP is perfect for that role. None whatsoever. My main concern is that as this is a pilot of an independently produced show it may never get picked up. And then we will all be deprived of both World Peace’s undoubtedly nuanced and superb performance, and also the show itself, which in now way sounds like it was hastily thrown together as a bad parody.
The episode will film in September, so World Peace will be free from his filming responsibilities when the Lakers open camp Oct. 1.
World Peace has said he is feeling good, has his weight down to where he wants it and plans to return to his elite defensive form this season. He needs to. If he doesn’t show the Lakers how valuable he is there is trouble for him, because with a payroll topping $99 million he is a prime candidate to have the amnesty provision used on him next summer.
But at least we know if World Peace does get amnestied he has a fallback career.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 0
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 7
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 5
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4