Aug 14, 2012, 2:51 AM EST
No, Metta World Peace has not gone Hollywood, what would make you say that?
Oh, this maybe.
Los Angeles Lakers’ Metta World Peace has joined the cast of the original scripted spoof pilot “Real Vampire Housewives” (RVH) where he will portray a gregarious and overtly sexual vampire elder. RVH follows a group of mischievous women who are married to vampires. The housewives find plenty of wicked trouble to occupy them during the day while their husbands rest. For the pilot, a recently engaged couple must seek permission from the clan’s elder to wed. The elder, Gossamer will be portrayed by Metta. RVH shoots in September on location in Encino, California.
Yes, this is legit.
I have no doubt MWP is perfect for that role. None whatsoever. My main concern is that as this is a pilot of an independently produced show it may never get picked up. And then we will all be deprived of both World Peace’s undoubtedly nuanced and superb performance, and also the show itself, which in now way sounds like it was hastily thrown together as a bad parody.
The episode will film in September, so World Peace will be free from his filming responsibilities when the Lakers open camp Oct. 1.
World Peace has said he is feeling good, has his weight down to where he wants it and plans to return to his elite defensive form this season. He needs to. If he doesn’t show the Lakers how valuable he is there is trouble for him, because with a payroll topping $99 million he is a prime candidate to have the amnesty provision used on him next summer.
But at least we know if World Peace does get amnestied he has a fallback career.
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 0
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 5
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 48
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28