Aug 14, 2012, 2:51 AM EDT
No, Metta World Peace has not gone Hollywood, what would make you say that?
Oh, this maybe.
Los Angeles Lakers’ Metta World Peace has joined the cast of the original scripted spoof pilot “Real Vampire Housewives” (RVH) where he will portray a gregarious and overtly sexual vampire elder. RVH follows a group of mischievous women who are married to vampires. The housewives find plenty of wicked trouble to occupy them during the day while their husbands rest. For the pilot, a recently engaged couple must seek permission from the clan’s elder to wed. The elder, Gossamer will be portrayed by Metta. RVH shoots in September on location in Encino, California.
Yes, this is legit.
I have no doubt MWP is perfect for that role. None whatsoever. My main concern is that as this is a pilot of an independently produced show it may never get picked up. And then we will all be deprived of both World Peace’s undoubtedly nuanced and superb performance, and also the show itself, which in now way sounds like it was hastily thrown together as a bad parody.
The episode will film in September, so World Peace will be free from his filming responsibilities when the Lakers open camp Oct. 1.
World Peace has said he is feeling good, has his weight down to where he wants it and plans to return to his elite defensive form this season. He needs to. If he doesn’t show the Lakers how valuable he is there is trouble for him, because with a payroll topping $99 million he is a prime candidate to have the amnesty provision used on him next summer.
But at least we know if World Peace does get amnestied he has a fallback career.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 13
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 94
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 10
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 46
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17