Aug 14, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
Ben Wallace thinks he’s got one more year in him.
The Pistons big man has said he would come back and play for the Detroit or retire and now he wants to come back — except the Detroit roster is full, reports the Detroit News.
That really leaves Wallace — the former Defensive Player of the Year — with two options: Wait for the Pistons to open a roster spot up with a trade or play somewhere else.
A trade is possible, but likely not until training camp at the earliest and more likely into the season. The Pistons have been rumored to be willing to move Austin Daye or Charlie Villanueva, but Villanueva’s contract makes his move unlikely (at least until next year when he is an expiring contract). Daye has not impressed the past couple years (he shot 32 percent overall and 21 percent from three last season), but entering the final year of his contract a team may be willing to roll the dice. However, there are no talks to speak of going on.
And can you picture Wallace on another team at this point?
I get the feeling at this point the Pistons are moving on, but Wallace’s return is something that Pistons fans may want to watch.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (60)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million