Aug 14, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
Ben Wallace thinks he’s got one more year in him.
The Pistons big man has said he would come back and play for the Detroit or retire and now he wants to come back — except the Detroit roster is full, reports the Detroit News.
That really leaves Wallace — the former Defensive Player of the Year — with two options: Wait for the Pistons to open a roster spot up with a trade or play somewhere else.
A trade is possible, but likely not until training camp at the earliest and more likely into the season. The Pistons have been rumored to be willing to move Austin Daye or Charlie Villanueva, but Villanueva’s contract makes his move unlikely (at least until next year when he is an expiring contract). Daye has not impressed the past couple years (he shot 32 percent overall and 21 percent from three last season), but entering the final year of his contract a team may be willing to roll the dice. However, there are no talks to speak of going on.
And can you picture Wallace on another team at this point?
I get the feeling at this point the Pistons are moving on, but Wallace’s return is something that Pistons fans may want to watch.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28