Aug 13, 2012, 8:50 PM EDT
The Rockets successfully filled their “underrated Argentinian player who drives opposing fans insane and seems to score way more than he should be capable of” gap left vacant when they waived Luis Scola using the amnesty clause.
Delfino shot 36% from the arc last year for Milwaukee, and shot what felt like 80% in the Olympics for Argentina this summer. He’s athletic enough to make some plays in transition, and understands how to space the floor. He gives the Rockets a weird wing counter-balance to all the combo-forwards they have and seems a little redundant with Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb.
Which could mean somebody’s getting moved.
But for now, it’s another nice roster completion move for the Rockets, but they have so many guys on roster, something’s got to give. Delfino should help space the floor for Jeremy Lin. Here’s a fun lineup. Jeremy Lin, Carlos Delfino, Terrence Jones, Donatas Motiejunas, Omer Asik. How weird. Is that.
The Rockets have 21 players on roster. So as always, we have no real idea what in God’s name the Rockets are doing.
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 1
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 5
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 5
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 2
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2