Aug 13, 2012, 8:50 PM EST
The Rockets successfully filled their “underrated Argentinian player who drives opposing fans insane and seems to score way more than he should be capable of” gap left vacant when they waived Luis Scola using the amnesty clause.
Delfino shot 36% from the arc last year for Milwaukee, and shot what felt like 80% in the Olympics for Argentina this summer. He’s athletic enough to make some plays in transition, and understands how to space the floor. He gives the Rockets a weird wing counter-balance to all the combo-forwards they have and seems a little redundant with Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb.
Which could mean somebody’s getting moved.
But for now, it’s another nice roster completion move for the Rockets, but they have so many guys on roster, something’s got to give. Delfino should help space the floor for Jeremy Lin. Here’s a fun lineup. Jeremy Lin, Carlos Delfino, Terrence Jones, Donatas Motiejunas, Omer Asik. How weird. Is that.
The Rockets have 21 players on roster. So as always, we have no real idea what in God’s name the Rockets are doing.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 1
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39