Aug 13, 2012, 8:50 PM EST
The Rockets successfully filled their “underrated Argentinian player who drives opposing fans insane and seems to score way more than he should be capable of” gap left vacant when they waived Luis Scola using the amnesty clause.
Delfino shot 36% from the arc last year for Milwaukee, and shot what felt like 80% in the Olympics for Argentina this summer. He’s athletic enough to make some plays in transition, and understands how to space the floor. He gives the Rockets a weird wing counter-balance to all the combo-forwards they have and seems a little redundant with Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb.
Which could mean somebody’s getting moved.
But for now, it’s another nice roster completion move for the Rockets, but they have so many guys on roster, something’s got to give. Delfino should help space the floor for Jeremy Lin. Here’s a fun lineup. Jeremy Lin, Carlos Delfino, Terrence Jones, Donatas Motiejunas, Omer Asik. How weird. Is that.
The Rockets have 21 players on roster. So as always, we have no real idea what in God’s name the Rockets are doing.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 0
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5