Aug 13, 2012, 8:50 PM EST
The Rockets successfully filled their “underrated Argentinian player who drives opposing fans insane and seems to score way more than he should be capable of” gap left vacant when they waived Luis Scola using the amnesty clause.
Delfino shot 36% from the arc last year for Milwaukee, and shot what felt like 80% in the Olympics for Argentina this summer. He’s athletic enough to make some plays in transition, and understands how to space the floor. He gives the Rockets a weird wing counter-balance to all the combo-forwards they have and seems a little redundant with Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb.
Which could mean somebody’s getting moved.
But for now, it’s another nice roster completion move for the Rockets, but they have so many guys on roster, something’s got to give. Delfino should help space the floor for Jeremy Lin. Here’s a fun lineup. Jeremy Lin, Carlos Delfino, Terrence Jones, Donatas Motiejunas, Omer Asik. How weird. Is that.
The Rockets have 21 players on roster. So as always, we have no real idea what in God’s name the Rockets are doing.
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 4
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15