Aug 13, 2012, 6:46 PM EDT
The USA Basketball squad provided hoops fans with one last treat on Sunday, making what was a foregone conclusion official by winning the gold medal game over Spain. LeBron James used the occasion to provide sneakerheads with their latest object of desire by debuting the newest incarnation of his signature shoe from Nike, the LeBron X. From the press release:
“Forged by time, heat and pressure, the diamond is a precious and unbreakable gemstone that provides design and metaphoric inspiration for the new LEBRON X. Worn by James in the final matchup on August 12, the LEBRON X is constructed for dynamic containment, impact protection, and responsiveness to assist one of the game’s most explosive players.
“This year marks the tenth anniversary of LeBron James’ partnership with Nike Basketball and the release of the LEBRON X comes at another breakthrough moment for Nike Basketball’s performance innovation platform. As the first signature basketball shoe featuring Nike+ Basketball technology in select colorways it can track and measure performance, while an app provides feedback. The shoe also offers a lock-down fit, excellent cushioning on impact, and a lightweight fit and feel.
“Combining four of Nike’s most advanced innovations, the shoe features the first full-length visible Nike Zoom unit, dynamic Flywire technology, Hyperfuse construction and Nike+ Basketball brings the shoe to a whole new level.”
The shoes are set to release in January at a price point of $180 — same as the LeBron 9s. There will also be a Nike+ version (the ones that have technology embedded in the shoes that track your vertical, speed, etc.) dropping for a whopping $315.
Check out the photos below and let us know if you plan on copping a pair in the comments.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 0
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20