Aug 13, 2012, 6:46 PM EDT
The USA Basketball squad provided hoops fans with one last treat on Sunday, making what was a foregone conclusion official by winning the gold medal game over Spain. LeBron James used the occasion to provide sneakerheads with their latest object of desire by debuting the newest incarnation of his signature shoe from Nike, the LeBron X. From the press release:
“Forged by time, heat and pressure, the diamond is a precious and unbreakable gemstone that provides design and metaphoric inspiration for the new LEBRON X. Worn by James in the final matchup on August 12, the LEBRON X is constructed for dynamic containment, impact protection, and responsiveness to assist one of the game’s most explosive players.
“This year marks the tenth anniversary of LeBron James’ partnership with Nike Basketball and the release of the LEBRON X comes at another breakthrough moment for Nike Basketball’s performance innovation platform. As the first signature basketball shoe featuring Nike+ Basketball technology in select colorways it can track and measure performance, while an app provides feedback. The shoe also offers a lock-down fit, excellent cushioning on impact, and a lightweight fit and feel.
“Combining four of Nike’s most advanced innovations, the shoe features the first full-length visible Nike Zoom unit, dynamic Flywire technology, Hyperfuse construction and Nike+ Basketball brings the shoe to a whole new level.”
The shoes are set to release in January at a price point of $180 — same as the LeBron 9s. There will also be a Nike+ version (the ones that have technology embedded in the shoes that track your vertical, speed, etc.) dropping for a whopping $315.
Check out the photos below and let us know if you plan on copping a pair in the comments.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 26
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25