Aug 13, 2012, 6:46 PM EST
The USA Basketball squad provided hoops fans with one last treat on Sunday, making what was a foregone conclusion official by winning the gold medal game over Spain. LeBron James used the occasion to provide sneakerheads with their latest object of desire by debuting the newest incarnation of his signature shoe from Nike, the LeBron X. From the press release:
“Forged by time, heat and pressure, the diamond is a precious and unbreakable gemstone that provides design and metaphoric inspiration for the new LEBRON X. Worn by James in the final matchup on August 12, the LEBRON X is constructed for dynamic containment, impact protection, and responsiveness to assist one of the game’s most explosive players.
“This year marks the tenth anniversary of LeBron James’ partnership with Nike Basketball and the release of the LEBRON X comes at another breakthrough moment for Nike Basketball’s performance innovation platform. As the first signature basketball shoe featuring Nike+ Basketball technology in select colorways it can track and measure performance, while an app provides feedback. The shoe also offers a lock-down fit, excellent cushioning on impact, and a lightweight fit and feel.
“Combining four of Nike’s most advanced innovations, the shoe features the first full-length visible Nike Zoom unit, dynamic Flywire technology, Hyperfuse construction and Nike+ Basketball brings the shoe to a whole new level.”
The shoes are set to release in January at a price point of $180 – same as the LeBron 9s. There will also be a Nike+ version (the ones that have technology embedded in the shoes that track your vertical, speed, etc.) dropping for a whopping $315.
Check out the photos below and let us know if you plan on copping a pair in the comments.
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 4
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 4
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 14
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (53)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (38)
- Jason Kidd fined $50K for intentionally spilling drink on the court to stop play in loss to Lakers (37)