Aug 13, 2012, 2:51 PM EDT
Lakers fans, we know who your human victory cigar is going to be.
Devin Ebanks will sign his qualifying offer on Monday, rounding out the Lakers roster reports the Los Angeles Times. Ebanks spent last season with the Lakers and is coming back on a one-year deal that will make him an unrestricted free agent next summer.
Lakers fans tend to be higher on him than he deserves, but Ebanks has potential as a player. He just was not impressive in the dozen games he started for the Lakers last season (most when Kobe Bryant or Metta World Peace were out), or when he came off the bench in mop-up duty. He averaged 4 points a game last year when he got in, has shot 41.4 percent in two NBA seasons and is not much of a three-point shooter.
But he provides some depth at the two and three that the Lakers could use during a long season where they have a number of older players.
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 0
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 18
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 9
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6