Aug 13, 2012, 2:51 PM EST
Lakers fans, we know who your human victory cigar is going to be.
Devin Ebanks will sign his qualifying offer on Monday, rounding out the Lakers roster reports the Los Angeles Times. Ebanks spent last season with the Lakers and is coming back on a one-year deal that will make him an unrestricted free agent next summer.
Lakers fans tend to be higher on him than he deserves, but Ebanks has potential as a player. He just was not impressive in the dozen games he started for the Lakers last season (most when Kobe Bryant or Metta World Peace were out), or when he came off the bench in mop-up duty. He averaged 4 points a game last year when he got in, has shot 41.4 percent in two NBA seasons and is not much of a three-point shooter.
But he provides some depth at the two and three that the Lakers could use during a long season where they have a number of older players.
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 5
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23