Aug 13, 2012, 2:51 PM EDT
Lakers fans, we know who your human victory cigar is going to be.
Devin Ebanks will sign his qualifying offer on Monday, rounding out the Lakers roster reports the Los Angeles Times. Ebanks spent last season with the Lakers and is coming back on a one-year deal that will make him an unrestricted free agent next summer.
Lakers fans tend to be higher on him than he deserves, but Ebanks has potential as a player. He just was not impressive in the dozen games he started for the Lakers last season (most when Kobe Bryant or Metta World Peace were out), or when he came off the bench in mop-up duty. He averaged 4 points a game last year when he got in, has shot 41.4 percent in two NBA seasons and is not much of a three-point shooter.
But he provides some depth at the two and three that the Lakers could use during a long season where they have a number of older players.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28