Aug 13, 2012, 2:51 PM EDT
Lakers fans, we know who your human victory cigar is going to be.
Devin Ebanks will sign his qualifying offer on Monday, rounding out the Lakers roster reports the Los Angeles Times. Ebanks spent last season with the Lakers and is coming back on a one-year deal that will make him an unrestricted free agent next summer.
Lakers fans tend to be higher on him than he deserves, but Ebanks has potential as a player. He just was not impressive in the dozen games he started for the Lakers last season (most when Kobe Bryant or Metta World Peace were out), or when he came off the bench in mop-up duty. He averaged 4 points a game last year when he got in, has shot 41.4 percent in two NBA seasons and is not much of a three-point shooter.
But he provides some depth at the two and three that the Lakers could use during a long season where they have a number of older players.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 12
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 39
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19