Aug 12, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
Jason Terry famously got a tattoo of the Larry O’Brien trophy before the 2010-2011 season, promising to remove it if Dallas didn’t win the title. When he won the title, it was safe. Now he has another one. But this one has a bit of Boston flair. From his Twitter account:
So now Jason Terry has matching tattoos of the NBA’s title trophy, and this is seen as some sort of premonition or calling his shot.
In reality, it’s fitting that he threw the leprechaun on there. Since both the leprechaun and the Celtics winning the 2013 titles are both figments of your imagination.
(Not really, Boston fields a deep, veteran team, there’s no reason they can’t be considered title contenders, I just really wanted to use that line.)
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 0
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 2
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 11
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 14
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)