Aug 12, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Jason Terry famously got a tattoo of the Larry O’Brien trophy before the 2010-2011 season, promising to remove it if Dallas didn’t win the title. When he won the title, it was safe. Now he has another one. But this one has a bit of Boston flair. From his Twitter account:
So now Jason Terry has matching tattoos of the NBA’s title trophy, and this is seen as some sort of premonition or calling his shot.
In reality, it’s fitting that he threw the leprechaun on there. Since both the leprechaun and the Celtics winning the 2013 titles are both figments of your imagination.
(Not really, Boston fields a deep, veteran team, there’s no reason they can’t be considered title contenders, I just really wanted to use that line.)
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 19
- Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are greatest of all time 56
- LeBron James becomes Obamacare pitchman 38
- Report: Houston Rockets to pursue Carmelo Anthony this summer 30
- The Extra Pass: Talking “Summer Dreams” with producer of Summer League documentary 0