Aug 9, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
I like the Wizards pick of Tomas Satoransky in the second round. The young Czech combo guard showed very well at the adidas EuroCamp then had some nice performances at the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas — he made good plays at the point and looked a little more athletic than had been rumored.
He has potential but needs some seasoning.
“Physically I’m still not ready to play in the NBA.”
He plans to spend another year playing in Spain and getting stronger before coming to the NBA. It’s an understandable adjustment — the depth and quality of athleticism steps up from Europe to the NBA and that takes some strength of your own and getting used to.
But what I saw in Summer League is a guy who could play in the NBA in a few years. Wizards’ fans just need to be patient.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 33
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 8
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23