Aug 9, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
I like the Wizards pick of Tomas Satoransky in the second round. The young Czech combo guard showed very well at the adidas EuroCamp then had some nice performances at the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas — he made good plays at the point and looked a little more athletic than had been rumored.
He has potential but needs some seasoning.
“Physically I’m still not ready to play in the NBA.”
He plans to spend another year playing in Spain and getting stronger before coming to the NBA. It’s an understandable adjustment — the depth and quality of athleticism steps up from Europe to the NBA and that takes some strength of your own and getting used to.
But what I saw in Summer League is a guy who could play in the NBA in a few years. Wizards’ fans just need to be patient.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49