Aug 9, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
I like the Wizards pick of Tomas Satoransky in the second round. The young Czech combo guard showed very well at the adidas EuroCamp then had some nice performances at the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas — he made good plays at the point and looked a little more athletic than had been rumored.
He has potential but needs some seasoning.
“Physically I’m still not ready to play in the NBA.”
He plans to spend another year playing in Spain and getting stronger before coming to the NBA. It’s an understandable adjustment — the depth and quality of athleticism steps up from Europe to the NBA and that takes some strength of your own and getting used to.
But what I saw in Summer League is a guy who could play in the NBA in a few years. Wizards’ fans just need to be patient.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 18
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 66
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8