Aug 9, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
I like the Wizards pick of Tomas Satoransky in the second round. The young Czech combo guard showed very well at the adidas EuroCamp then had some nice performances at the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas — he made good plays at the point and looked a little more athletic than had been rumored.
He has potential but needs some seasoning.
“Physically I’m still not ready to play in the NBA.”
He plans to spend another year playing in Spain and getting stronger before coming to the NBA. It’s an understandable adjustment — the depth and quality of athleticism steps up from Europe to the NBA and that takes some strength of your own and getting used to.
But what I saw in Summer League is a guy who could play in the NBA in a few years. Wizards’ fans just need to be patient.
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 7
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 4
- The Extra Pass: Chemistry clicking in Denver as Nuggets beat Nets to win seventh straight, and Tuesday’s recaps 2
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Michael Carter-Williams, Victor Oladipo with dueling rookie triple doubles 5
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 3: We answer twitter questions on Blazers, Pacers vs. Monstars 0
- Kobe Bryant takes to Twitter to defend his contract extension (100)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (47)
- John Wall: ‘I’m the best point guard in the league’ (45)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)