Aug 9, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
I like the Wizards pick of Tomas Satoransky in the second round. The young Czech combo guard showed very well at the adidas EuroCamp then had some nice performances at the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas — he made good plays at the point and looked a little more athletic than had been rumored.
He has potential but needs some seasoning.
“Physically I’m still not ready to play in the NBA.”
He plans to spend another year playing in Spain and getting stronger before coming to the NBA. It’s an understandable adjustment — the depth and quality of athleticism steps up from Europe to the NBA and that takes some strength of your own and getting used to.
But what I saw in Summer League is a guy who could play in the NBA in a few years. Wizards’ fans just need to be patient.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30