Aug 9, 2012, 9:11 PM EDT
Carlos Delfino has been a kind of easy to overlook in the NBA the past couple seasons — he started 53 games for the Bucks last season and gave them 9 points a game, he shot 36 percent from three, but he was not making a big impact on the games.
He will be harder to miss on Friday when he plays a key role for Argentina against the United States. He is their third-leading scorer at 15.3 points per game and is shooting a respectable 49.3 percent. It makes you think he could be helpful to an NBA team.
And he will be with an NBA team next season, he told Marc Stein of ESPN.
Ran into Carlos Delfino today. He didn’t want to go into specifics on eve of huge USA game but said he WILL sign w/NBA team after Olympics
Not sure who will get him. Houston seemed to be the front-runner but Cleveland was reportedly in the mix, at least until they inked C.J. Miles.
Boston Coach Doc Rivers, in London for NBC Sports as a studio analyst, said he would love to pick up Delfino after watching him play, but the Celtics can’t afford him.
Delfino and Argentina will play on Sunday (let’s hope in the bronze medal game) so expect a decision next week sometime.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final