Aug 8, 2012, 10:06 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like 3-year-olds like to throw tantrums.
• If Andrew Bynum was frustrated with the Lakers right now and was thinking about seeing what was out there next summer, could you blame him? They have left him dangling a long time with the Howard trade. That said, Bynum is a guy motivated by money and the fact the Lakers (or whoever has his rights) can offer more will be a big factor when he becomes a free agent next summer.
• Speaking of being motivated by money, the Pistons confirmed they are likely to put ads on jerseys as soon as they work out a deal.
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 13
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17