Aug 8, 2012, 10:06 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like 3-year-olds like to throw tantrums.
• If Andrew Bynum was frustrated with the Lakers right now and was thinking about seeing what was out there next summer, could you blame him? They have left him dangling a long time with the Howard trade. That said, Bynum is a guy motivated by money and the fact the Lakers (or whoever has his rights) can offer more will be a big factor when he becomes a free agent next summer.
• Speaking of being motivated by money, the Pistons confirmed they are likely to put ads on jerseys as soon as they work out a deal.
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 0
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 8
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 25
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20