Aug 8, 2012, 10:06 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like 3-year-olds like to throw tantrums.
• If Andrew Bynum was frustrated with the Lakers right now and was thinking about seeing what was out there next summer, could you blame him? They have left him dangling a long time with the Howard trade. That said, Bynum is a guy motivated by money and the fact the Lakers (or whoever has his rights) can offer more will be a big factor when he becomes a free agent next summer.
• Speaking of being motivated by money, the Pistons confirmed they are likely to put ads on jerseys as soon as they work out a deal.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 0
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 6
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 3
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 44
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33