Aug 8, 2012, 3:09 PM EDT
Here is what you are going to be talking about the rest of the day.
You can see it by following this link.
Late in the fourth quarter of France’s medal round loss to Spain — when France had shot 0-11 and let the game get away from them — their frustration boiled over. Way over, as you can see. Why did he turn an “I have to foul” situation into what in the NBA would be a six-game suspension? Here is what Batum told Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
“I wanted to give him a good reason to flop,” Batum said.
Yesterday I was saying what Argentina’s Facundo Campazzo did to Carmelo Anthony was not that much worse than what we often see in the NBA from Reggie Evans or Chris Paul or others. That should have been a foul and likely an ejection, but it was not way off the scale. This was different. What Batum did was way off the scale.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50