Aug 8, 2012, 3:09 PM EST
Here is what you are going to be talking about the rest of the day.
You can see it by following this link.
Late in the fourth quarter of France’s medal round loss to Spain — when France had shot 0-11 and let the game get away from them — their frustration boiled over. Way over, as you can see. Why did he turn an “I have to foul” situation into what in the NBA would be a six-game suspension? Here is what Batum told Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
“I wanted to give him a good reason to flop,” Batum said.
Yesterday I was saying what Argentina’s Facundo Campazzo did to Carmelo Anthony was not that much worse than what we often see in the NBA from Reggie Evans or Chris Paul or others. That should have been a foul and likely an ejection, but it was not way off the scale. This was different. What Batum did was way off the scale.
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)