Nicolas Batum punches Juan Carlos-Navarro in nuts

Aug 8, 2012, 3:09 PM EDT

French forward Nicolas Batum (R) clashes Getty Images

Here is what you are going to be talking about the rest of the day.

You can see it by following this link.

Late in the fourth quarter of France’s medal round loss to Spain — when France had shot 0-11 and let the game get away from them — their frustration boiled over. Way over, as you can see. Why did he turn an “I have to foul” situation into what in the NBA would be a six-game suspension? Here is what Batum told Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.

“I wanted to give him a good reason to flop,” Batum said.

Yesterday I was saying what Argentina’s Facundo Campazzo did to Carmelo Anthony was not that much worse than what we often see in the NBA from Reggie Evans or Chris Paul or others. That should have been a foul and likely an ejection, but it was not way off the scale. This was different. What Batum did was way off the scale.

1. opshuns - Aug 8, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I don’t think I have ever seen a athlete get more of a hand full of giblets?

• paleihe - Aug 8, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Reggie Evans to Kaman was really bad. Evans literally just grabbed his nuggets and held on.

This though, running and punching a man is his nuts, is beyond idiotic. If I were Navarro, I’d try to find a way to drop an anvil on his nuts.

2. ccshocktalk - Aug 8, 2012 at 3:43 PM

With the amount of ball shots that are going on in the Olympics, i’d say that it could soon be an Olympic event all in itself.

• p1nch3dloaf - Aug 8, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Look for the makers of Almond Joy to step up to the plate in that event.

I’m sure “Horse” from America’s Got Talent would sweep the gold.

3. hgulkkcaj - Aug 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM

As a Wolves fan, man am I glad we got AK47 as opposed to Batum after these olympics!

• therealhtj - Aug 8, 2012 at 5:23 PM

You shouldn’t be.

4. bucrightoff - Aug 8, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Man as far as article titles go, this one was straight to the point.

5. dsjcn3 - Aug 8, 2012 at 4:00 PM

“Nicolas, that was not what I meant when I said go get the ball”
    -French coach

6. drunkenjunk - Aug 8, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Batum’s response was priceless.

7. alildusty - Aug 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM

if you’re gonna lose, might as well go out with a BANG!

8. 1972wasalongtimeago - Aug 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM

If he did that to Greg Oden, he would have broken his hand.

• surefooted1 - Aug 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Yea, but Oden would have torn his rotator cuff as a result.

9. gepsep - Aug 8, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Batum found the easter basket!

10. badintent - Aug 8, 2012 at 9:24 PM

We can always hope that Gasol’s elbow hits Batum in the windpipe, breaks it and we all party like it’s 1972. Go Knicks baby !!Batum is just street balling, in Turkey they would have cut off his balls after that crap , throwing a punch to the groin.Batum is just Turkey ball grade baller.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches