Aug 8, 2012, 1:06 AM EDT
And in today’s “I’m waiting because I don’t want to play for the veteran’s minimum” game we bring you energy big off the bench Lou Amundson.
Amundson could be a nice role playing big off the bench for some team (like he was for the Pacers last season), but it’s about the money, according to a tweet from Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
A source close to free-agent forward Lou Amundson said Charlotte is looking at Amundson, and that it’s unlikely he would go to Greece. Panathinaikos has been mentioned as a possibility but the Amundson camp is wary about how Josh Childress‘ game fell off after he went to play in Greece and returned to the NBA. The source said the New York Knicks are also looking at Amundson. However, the Knicks only can offer the minimum and Amundson is looking for a deal in the area of $3 million a season.
I’m looking for a date with Lolo Jones. Lou has only a slightly better chance at getting his goal than I do.
Charlotte can offer more money but GM Rich Cho isn’t an idiot and is not going to overpay. So Amundson will wait for an offer he likes, along with Kenyon Martin and a lot of other guys who think they deserve more than the minimum. Right now, teams are not really offering that.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25