Aug 8, 2012, 1:06 AM EST
And in today’s “I’m waiting because I don’t want to play for the veteran’s minimum” game we bring you energy big off the bench Lou Amundson.
Amundson could be a nice role playing big off the bench for some team (like he was for the Pacers last season), but it’s about the money, according to a tweet from Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
A source close to free-agent forward Lou Amundson said Charlotte is looking at Amundson, and that it’s unlikely he would go to Greece. Panathinaikos has been mentioned as a possibility but the Amundson camp is wary about how Josh Childress‘ game fell off after he went to play in Greece and returned to the NBA. The source said the New York Knicks are also looking at Amundson. However, the Knicks only can offer the minimum and Amundson is looking for a deal in the area of $3 million a season.
I’m looking for a date with Lolo Jones. Lou has only a slightly better chance at getting his goal than I do.
Charlotte can offer more money but GM Rich Cho isn’t an idiot and is not going to overpay. So Amundson will wait for an offer he likes, along with Kenyon Martin and a lot of other guys who think they deserve more than the minimum. Right now, teams are not really offering that.
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 28
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8