Aug 8, 2012, 12:40 PM EDT
Last summer was the “Summer of the Pro/Am” with locked out players taking park in games at the Drew League in L.A., the Goodman League in D.C. and Rucker Park in N.Y. in record numbers.
This year, not going to be as much of that. But some stars are still doing events, and that includes maybe the most traveled player last summer, John Wall — he and Gilbert Arenas are headlining the Goodman League Classic, the Washington Post’s Sports Bog tells us.
Kevin Durant, an old-time Goodman League guy, may play but it depends on how he is feeling after the Olympics.
It’s Aug. 19 if you are in the D.C. area. There are concerts and a couple games.
Players, word of advice: With Gilbert Arenas there, check your shoes before putting them on. Just sayin’. And with Chris Brown there, don’t expect Tony Parker to show.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 6
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 7
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 38
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73