John Wall, Gilbert Arenas headline Goodman League Classic

Aug 8, 2012, 12:40 PM EDT

goodman John Wall

Last summer was the “Summer of the Pro/Am” with locked out players taking park in games at the Drew League in L.A., the Goodman League in D.C. and Rucker Park in N.Y. in record numbers.

This year, not going to be as much of that. But some stars are still doing events, and that includes maybe the most traveled player last summer, John Wall — he and Gilbert Arenas are headlining the Goodman League Classic, the Washington Post’s Sports Bog tells us.

Kevin Durant, an old-time Goodman League guy, may play but it depends on how he is feeling after the Olympics.

Also on the court for sure will be Brezzy (Chris Brown), Josh Selby, Shelvin Mack, Ty Lawson and whoever else shows up. You know these things are “flexible.”

It’s Aug. 19 if you are in the D.C. area. There are concerts and a couple games.

Players, word of advice: With Gilbert Arenas there, check your shoes before putting them on. Just sayin’. And with Chris Brown there, don’t expect Tony Parker to show.

1. snyde278 - Aug 8, 2012 at 1:12 PM

You really had to put ”Brezzy”?

2. kjmb12 - Aug 8, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I am from s.e. D.C ! I have seen Brezzy play in some celeb. games before. and his game is not fit for the Goodman. And all I can say is My man Myles do not care who you are, If you can’t do it !!!!!! He is going to put you on blast out there. Somebody better let brezzy know.

3. seanb20124 - Aug 8, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Are there any safety concerns about coming to these games?

4. kjmb12 - Aug 8, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I have been to so many of these games and had no problems at all with safety concerns. Just like the Rucker Park games and any other summer league there are going to be people who do not know how to just have a good time but there has been no guns going off nobody getting shot. just some good basketball and good food.

5. Randall Jenkins - Aug 8, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Chris Brown and Tony Parker are friends (read: fellow douches).

6. tonystrong - Aug 8, 2012 at 8:13 PM

kjmb, 5 cats were shot at the Rucker 2 weeks ago. I’m from NY, 90 percent of the time you can go and chill at the Rucker but 10 percent of the time an altercation will pop off. Not guns so to speak but definitely beef. That’s just the truth!!

7. kjmb12 - Aug 9, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I was refering to the Goodman league when I said there was no gun shots at the games I went to,

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches