Aug 8, 2012, 9:50 AM EST
Such is the state of the world that most of us would rather see Real Madrid’s soccer team — with Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka — than their basketball team, but we’ll take what we can get.
This is just more of the international growth of the game. The NBA has sent teams to Europe and China and Mexico for a decade now to spread the gospel of the league. But now some of the bigger European teams — Real Madrid this year, Barcelona before — are willing to come here to do the same.
The game will be Oct. 6 at the FedEx Forum.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 1
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 9
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30