Aug 8, 2012, 9:50 AM EDT
Such is the state of the world that most of us would rather see Real Madrid’s soccer team — with Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka — than their basketball team, but we’ll take what we can get.
This is just more of the international growth of the game. The NBA has sent teams to Europe and China and Mexico for a decade now to spread the gospel of the league. But now some of the bigger European teams — Real Madrid this year, Barcelona before — are willing to come here to do the same.
The game will be Oct. 6 at the FedEx Forum.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 23
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 22
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48