Aug 8, 2012, 9:50 AM EST
Such is the state of the world that most of us would rather see Real Madrid’s soccer team — with Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka — than their basketball team, but we’ll take what we can get.
This is just more of the international growth of the game. The NBA has sent teams to Europe and China and Mexico for a decade now to spread the gospel of the league. But now some of the bigger European teams — Real Madrid this year, Barcelona before — are willing to come here to do the same.
The game will be Oct. 6 at the FedEx Forum.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 0
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 2
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 29
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (57)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)