Aug 8, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
After finally signing Marquis Teague, the Bulls have enough money left under the hard-cap apron to sign one more player — a rookie on a minimum deal. Not a second year player, their minimum is too high. Rookie minimum only.
You want some good news, Bulls fans?
That means you can’t sign Tracy McGrady. You talked to him but now he is out of the picture.
Seriously. That’s good news. And it’s the best I can do. Via Alex Kennedy at Hoopsworld:
McGrady has received interest from a number of teams including the Chicago Bulls. However, talks between McGrady and the Bulls have ended…. Last season, McGrady averaged 5.3 points, 3 rebounds and 2.1 assists in 52 games as a reserve with the Atlanta Hawks. The 33-year-old would like to join a contender, according to sources, and will continue to weigh his options in the coming weeks.
McGrady would not have been a terrible pickup for the Bulls, relative to everyone else they inked this summer. But he would have just been part of the “guys we can get cheap while we wait for 2014 plan” we have been watching. No big improvement.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 31
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 28
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?