Aug 8, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
After finally signing Marquis Teague, the Bulls have enough money left under the hard-cap apron to sign one more player — a rookie on a minimum deal. Not a second year player, their minimum is too high. Rookie minimum only.
You want some good news, Bulls fans?
That means you can’t sign Tracy McGrady. You talked to him but now he is out of the picture.
Seriously. That’s good news. And it’s the best I can do. Via Alex Kennedy at Hoopsworld:
McGrady has received interest from a number of teams including the Chicago Bulls. However, talks between McGrady and the Bulls have ended…. Last season, McGrady averaged 5.3 points, 3 rebounds and 2.1 assists in 52 games as a reserve with the Atlanta Hawks. The 33-year-old would like to join a contender, according to sources, and will continue to weigh his options in the coming weeks.
McGrady would not have been a terrible pickup for the Bulls, relative to everyone else they inked this summer. But he would have just been part of the “guys we can get cheap while we wait for 2014 plan” we have been watching. No big improvement.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 37
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18