Aug 8, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
After finally signing Marquis Teague, the Bulls have enough money left under the hard-cap apron to sign one more player — a rookie on a minimum deal. Not a second year player, their minimum is too high. Rookie minimum only.
You want some good news, Bulls fans?
That means you can’t sign Tracy McGrady. You talked to him but now he is out of the picture.
Seriously. That’s good news. And it’s the best I can do. Via Alex Kennedy at Hoopsworld:
McGrady has received interest from a number of teams including the Chicago Bulls. However, talks between McGrady and the Bulls have ended…. Last season, McGrady averaged 5.3 points, 3 rebounds and 2.1 assists in 52 games as a reserve with the Atlanta Hawks. The 33-year-old would like to join a contender, according to sources, and will continue to weigh his options in the coming weeks.
McGrady would not have been a terrible pickup for the Bulls, relative to everyone else they inked this summer. But he would have just been part of the “guys we can get cheap while we wait for 2014 plan” we have been watching. No big improvement.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16