Batum tweets apology for punching Navarro in the, um, groin

Aug 8, 2012, 4:54 PM EST

French forward Nicolas Batum (R) clashes Getty Images

If you haven’t seen “the punch” you can by just following this link.

I’m not sure an “I’m sorry” quite makes up for that.

However, a few hours after France was eliminated from the Olympics by Spain in a game that got ugly at the end and included that punch, Nicolas Batum took to twitter and issued an apology.
I want to apologize for my stupid act at the end, I showed a bad image of France and myself, Congrats to team Spain.

Still proud of my team and teamates, we gave the best from ourselves for our country. Now I cheers for the women bball team!#allezlesbleuEs

1. surefooted1 - Aug 8, 2012 at 5:25 PM

“Fortunately for Batum, David Stern cannot fine and suspend him for actions in an international game. But he”

But he what? The suspense is killing me!!

• dsjcn3 - Aug 8, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Lol spelling errors. Ok understandable. But leaving out half a sentence? What are the editors doing?

2. lakerluver - Aug 8, 2012 at 5:56 PM

What’s up with all the ball punching lately?!

3. sabatimus - Aug 8, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Helin’s had over an hour to correct this, too. Maybe it was a final post before he went home for the day or something.

But I don’t think apologizing on Twitter is really apologizing. I think he needs to apologize live, on air.

4. thestudiokida - Aug 8, 2012 at 6:16 PM

His apology doesn’t mean crap after he admitted to the cheap shot and said “I wanted to give him a reason to flop.” Good job, Batum. I wonder how Portland feels about that $45 million right about now.

5. paleihe - Aug 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Nothing is more sincere than a 140 character apology.

Nicolas, man-up, grow some (don’t punch) balls, and find Navarro and apologize to his face. Twitter apologies are pathetic.

6. mitchem85 - Aug 8, 2012 at 6:47 PM

but he……?

7. dysraw1 - Aug 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM

that’s on a Metta level

8. censoredpost - Aug 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Man-Rule # 008
    Never punch another man in the nuts, unless in life and/or ass peril .

9. brianbosworthisstonecold - Aug 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Pbt and PFT= chimps @ typewriters

10. jerdogthompson - Aug 9, 2012 at 12:38 AM

The reason it ended “but he” was to allow for everyone trolling the board to make their own ending. Like…..

But he had to pinch a loaf and forgot all about Batums indiscretion.

OR

but he thought it was possible to go retro and veto the Nash trade!

But he….::::I think y’all get it now.

Jabari Parker injury latest for disappointing rookie class
Top 10 NBA Player Searches