Amar’e Stoudemire filmed his marriage proposal (she said yes)

Aug 8, 2012, 11:48 AM EDT

Guys, this is how you do a wedding proposal right. Not on the big screen at an NBA game. Don’t roll over in the morning and say “so, you wanna get hitched?” Do it right for her.

I thought I did pretty well a decade ago when I proposed (on a gondola in a canal with a singing gondolier) but Amare Stoudemire pulled off about the perfect proposal — in Paris at an intimate dinner with the Eiffel Tower in the background. Well, the whole filming it and putting it on YouTube is a little off, but she doesn’t seem to mind.

Amare, mazal tov.

Hat tip to SLAM and Posting and Toasting.

1. dls612 - Aug 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Keep’em coming Kurt!

2. 24thesho - Aug 8, 2012 at 1:47 PM

YYYAAAaaawwwwnnnn…….

3. 00maltliquor - Aug 8, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Prenup Amare, prenup!

• dls612 - Aug 8, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Too late! Thats his kids mom, and trust it as long as there is child support she’s banking!

• progress2011 - Aug 8, 2012 at 6:25 PM

The legendary Johnnie Taylor – ” It’s Cheaper to Keep Her” !

Ask some of my ole military buddies ! One has 4 children, he’s paying $2 STACKS (that’s thousands) a month, in child support.
        Got remarried and has 2 additional children, mortgage, household & spouse to provide for. Needless to say, he will NEVA be able to retire !

If Amare didn’t marry her…..he’d be in the same boat, except he’d be paying about $2 MIL a year.

It’s cheaper to keep her,cheaper to keep her, cheaper to keep her…………Congrats Amare !!!

• theoleboy - Aug 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I would think it would be cheaper to not have six kids.

4. boilerup1869 - Aug 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Another NBA’r who’s obviously really into himself.

5. wlubake - Aug 8, 2012 at 3:00 PM

This will make for great stock footage when she’s on Basketball Wives a few years from now (after their divorce).

6. lakerluver - Aug 8, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I see a reality show in their near future.

7. progress2011 - Aug 8, 2012 at 6:30 PM

DId you see the size of that ROCK !!!!

Since kobe is trying to get back with Vanessa, that messed up my plan to get some of her bank!

If Amare messes up, U’m gonna have to holla at her, to offer my plumbing services!

First item on the agenda, return that friggin thing. I can pay my house off, buy a new Bugatti and move to the Cayman Islands …..ahahahahaaha

8. kblakeshot - Aug 9, 2012 at 11:48 AM

All that money and he can’t get someone to film it in 1080p??? Lol, just playing… but this was nice.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches