Aug 7, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
There are still some good players out there on the free agent market. Not game changers, not guys swinging the balance of power anywhere, but some decent role players.
Probably a long shot, but #wizards are among a handful of teams that have expressed interest in Josh Childress, according to a source
Childress did not work well in Phoenix after returning from Greece, but he might work better in a different system.
But Lee is right, the Wizards are an odd fit and they don’t really need him. Not at the two guard anyway. They have Bradley Beal likely to start at the two and behind him they have Jordan Crawford and are trying to develop. Childress could back up Trevor Ariza at the three but again it’s not terribly pressing.
My guess is Childress signs closer to camp, we’ll have to see where.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17