Aug 7, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
There are still some good players out there on the free agent market. Not game changers, not guys swinging the balance of power anywhere, but some decent role players.
Probably a long shot, but #wizards are among a handful of teams that have expressed interest in Josh Childress, according to a source
Childress did not work well in Phoenix after returning from Greece, but he might work better in a different system.
But Lee is right, the Wizards are an odd fit and they don’t really need him. Not at the two guard anyway. They have Bradley Beal likely to start at the two and behind him they have Jordan Crawford and are trying to develop. Childress could back up Trevor Ariza at the three but again it’s not terribly pressing.
My guess is Childress signs closer to camp, we’ll have to see where.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6