Aug 7, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
There are still some good players out there on the free agent market. Not game changers, not guys swinging the balance of power anywhere, but some decent role players.
Probably a long shot, but #wizards are among a handful of teams that have expressed interest in Josh Childress, according to a source
Childress did not work well in Phoenix after returning from Greece, but he might work better in a different system.
But Lee is right, the Wizards are an odd fit and they don’t really need him. Not at the two guard anyway. They have Bradley Beal likely to start at the two and behind him they have Jordan Crawford and are trying to develop. Childress could back up Trevor Ariza at the three but again it’s not terribly pressing.
My guess is Childress signs closer to camp, we’ll have to see where.
- Eastern Conference Finals preview: Pacers vs. Heat 3
- Clippers let go of Vinny Del Negro as coach 20
- Durant donates $1 million to Oklahoma City tornado disaster relief efforts 14
- Odds for the NBA Draft Lottery (that teams don’t care if they win) 11
- Jim Boeheim says Knicks problem is not Carmelo, it’s everyone else 9
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery