Aug 7, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
There are still some good players out there on the free agent market. Not game changers, not guys swinging the balance of power anywhere, but some decent role players.
Probably a long shot, but #wizards are among a handful of teams that have expressed interest in Josh Childress, according to a source
Childress did not work well in Phoenix after returning from Greece, but he might work better in a different system.
But Lee is right, the Wizards are an odd fit and they don’t really need him. Not at the two guard anyway. They have Bradley Beal likely to start at the two and behind him they have Jordan Crawford and are trying to develop. Childress could back up Trevor Ariza at the three but again it’s not terribly pressing.
My guess is Childress signs closer to camp, we’ll have to see where.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 4
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10