Aug 7, 2012, 5:05 PM EST
There are still some good players out there on the free agent market. Not game changers, not guys swinging the balance of power anywhere, but some decent role players.
Probably a long shot, but #wizards are among a handful of teams that have expressed interest in Josh Childress, according to a source
Childress did not work well in Phoenix after returning from Greece, but he might work better in a different system.
But Lee is right, the Wizards are an odd fit and they don’t really need him. Not at the two guard anyway. They have Bradley Beal likely to start at the two and behind him they have Jordan Crawford and are trying to develop. Childress could back up Trevor Ariza at the three but again it’s not terribly pressing.
My guess is Childress signs closer to camp, we’ll have to see where.
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)