Aug 7, 2012, 1:40 AM EDT
The Bucks have themselves a backup center.
“We’re excited about this,” Bill Duffy, Przybilla’s agent, said in a telephone interview Monday night. “Joel had a great meeting last week with John Hammond, Scott Skiles and Jeff Weltman and they told him that he not only would bring great value on the court, but that he could help them with his leadership and stability.
“We think it’s a perfect fit.”
Samuel Dalembert will be the starting center for the Bucks, behind him is the young Ekpe Udoh and they can use Drew Gooden or Larry Sanders at the five if they want to go small. Which is to say, Przybilla is not going to get a lot of minutes (not that his legs could handle it) and mostly he is there in the Crash Davis mentor role.
Przybilla also had offers from Portland and Dallas.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 18
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 66
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8