Aug 7, 2012, 1:40 AM EST
The Bucks have themselves a backup center.
“We’re excited about this,” Bill Duffy, Przybilla’s agent, said in a telephone interview Monday night. “Joel had a great meeting last week with John Hammond, Scott Skiles and Jeff Weltman and they told him that he not only would bring great value on the court, but that he could help them with his leadership and stability.
“We think it’s a perfect fit.”
Samuel Dalembert will be the starting center for the Bucks, behind him is the young Ekpe Udoh and they can use Drew Gooden or Larry Sanders at the five if they want to go small. Which is to say, Przybilla is not going to get a lot of minutes (not that his legs could handle it) and mostly he is there in the Crash Davis mentor role.
Przybilla also had offers from Portland and Dallas.
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 4
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 10
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 16
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18