Aug 6, 2012, 11:16 PM EDT
Pity Juan Gutiérrez.
He didn’t do anything wrong save be near the rim when Russell Westbrook decided to launch himself and put a monster throwdown on Argentina during the United States’ second half run to put the game away. This may well be the dunk of the Olympics, the kind of thing you should enjoy over and over again. Unless you are a friend of Gutiérrez.
By the way, Westbrook got a taunting technical for the aftermath of this.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17