Aug 6, 2012, 11:16 PM EST
Pity Juan Gutiérrez.
He didn’t do anything wrong save be near the rim when Russell Westbrook decided to launch himself and put a monster throwdown on Argentina during the United States’ second half run to put the game away. This may well be the dunk of the Olympics, the kind of thing you should enjoy over and over again. Unless you are a friend of Gutiérrez.
By the way, Westbrook got a taunting technical for the aftermath of this.
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 2
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11