Aug 6, 2012, 11:16 PM EDT
Pity Juan Gutiérrez.
He didn’t do anything wrong save be near the rim when Russell Westbrook decided to launch himself and put a monster throwdown on Argentina during the United States’ second half run to put the game away. This may well be the dunk of the Olympics, the kind of thing you should enjoy over and over again. Unless you are a friend of Gutiérrez.
By the way, Westbrook got a taunting technical for the aftermath of this.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34