Aug 6, 2012, 4:44 PM EST
The Millers run the Utah Jazz like an old-school family business in a lot of ways — it’s about relationships and once they are established they a very loyal bunch. Well, as long as they think you are going to be loyal to them (see: Williams, Deron).
Along those lines comes this news, via Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network.
Utah general manager Kevin O’Connor is moving into top executive position with Jazz and running search to hire a GM, sources tell Y! Sports.
The front runner for the newly open general manager spot seems to be Dennis Lindsey of the Spurs front office, Woj reports. The Jazz spoke to Oklahoma City’s Troy Weaver and Cleveland assistant GM David Griffin but both of those are now out of the running.
The new GM will be tasked with building a winner around some young pieces like Derrick Favors, as well as Gordon Hayward, as well as figuring out how much they are willing to pay Paul Millsap when he hits the open market next summer.
Whoever gets hired, don’t expect big changes in Utah. That’s not how they do business.
- Report: At the moment, Lakers no longer considering trading Pau gasol 0
- PBT Extra: Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving? Plus coaching hot seat talk. 6
- Report: Celtics may be frontrunners for Asik; would move Bass, Lee, pick 6
- Tyson Chandler returns to Knicks lineup Wednesday night 5
- Beasley out, LeBron game-time decision; Heat not worried about Pacers right now 16
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)