Aug 6, 2012, 4:44 PM EDT
The Millers run the Utah Jazz like an old-school family business in a lot of ways — it’s about relationships and once they are established they a very loyal bunch. Well, as long as they think you are going to be loyal to them (see: Williams, Deron).
Along those lines comes this news, via Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network.
Utah general manager Kevin O’Connor is moving into top executive position with Jazz and running search to hire a GM, sources tell Y! Sports.
The front runner for the newly open general manager spot seems to be Dennis Lindsey of the Spurs front office, Woj reports. The Jazz spoke to Oklahoma City’s Troy Weaver and Cleveland assistant GM David Griffin but both of those are now out of the running.
The new GM will be tasked with building a winner around some young pieces like Derrick Favors, as well as Gordon Hayward, as well as figuring out how much they are willing to pay Paul Millsap when he hits the open market next summer.
Whoever gets hired, don’t expect big changes in Utah. That’s not how they do business.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 43
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4