Aug 6, 2012, 4:44 PM EST
The Millers run the Utah Jazz like an old-school family business in a lot of ways — it’s about relationships and once they are established they a very loyal bunch. Well, as long as they think you are going to be loyal to them (see: Williams, Deron).
Along those lines comes this news, via Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and the NBC Sports Network.
Utah general manager Kevin O’Connor is moving into top executive position with Jazz and running search to hire a GM, sources tell Y! Sports.
The front runner for the newly open general manager spot seems to be Dennis Lindsey of the Spurs front office, Woj reports. The Jazz spoke to Oklahoma City’s Troy Weaver and Cleveland assistant GM David Griffin but both of those are now out of the running.
The new GM will be tasked with building a winner around some young pieces like Derrick Favors, as well as Gordon Hayward, as well as figuring out how much they are willing to pay Paul Millsap when he hits the open market next summer.
Whoever gets hired, don’t expect big changes in Utah. That’s not how they do business.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7