Aug 6, 2012, 8:53 PM EDT
We told you today that Jazz general manager Kevin O’Conner was moving on up, taking on a more presidential position within the Utah Jazz organization. Oh, he’ll still be involved in decision making and planning I Utah, but he was weary of doing the day-to-day grind work of a general manager.
Enter the Spurs Dennis Lindsey. Apparently.
Utah Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor, one of the NBA’s most respected GMs, is moving into a top executive position with the franchise and San Antonio Spurs assistant GM Dennis Lindsey is finalizing a deal to replace him, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
As I said before, don’t expect this to really change things in how the Jazz operate. O’Conner will still have his finger prints all over player moves, it’s just that Lindsey will help set them up (O’Conner could have hired another assistant GM and kept his title, but nobody would have jumped at a lateral job move).
But it looks like there are some new names in Salt Lake City.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 0
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 2
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 6
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 13
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games