Aug 6, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
“Did I look like I needed surgery? I’m fine right now. I feel great.”
—Chicago Bull Luol Deng after he and Great Britain knocked off China 90-58 to win one game in Olympic pool play and finish 9th in the tournament (better than many expected coming in). Deng has a bad wrist and there are questions about whether or not he needs surgery to repair it before next season. The quote comes via Marc Stein of ESPN.
As for Deng, he shot 3-of-13 for this game and 31 percent from the floor for the entire Olympic tournament… so, maybe he should have that wrist looked at again. To be fair, he was the focus of every opposing team’s defense and he was the best player on the Brittish team. But he was not phenominal, either. The Bulls will already be without Rose for much of this season, isn’t it better for Deng to get right than fight through it for chance at a lower-half seed in the playoffs?
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 0
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 3
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 17
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 8
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6