Aug 6, 2012, 6:35 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Alex Morgan loves headers.
• Former Laker and Net (and Bruin if you want to keep going back, and a Toreador before that) has signed a three-year deal with Anadolu Efes in Turkey. Farmar had been filler sent to the Hawks in the Joe Johnson trade. Farmar played well for Maccabi Tel Aviv last year during the lockout averaging 14.1 points and 4 assists per game.
• Speaking of former Lakers and Nets being overseas, Sasha Vujacic has re-signed with Anadolu Efes Istanbul for one more season.
• Brian Cardinal is hoping to get a deal for one more season in the NBA. Somebody give pops a contract.
• Ish Smith may get a Magic training camp invite.
• J.R. Bremer’s agent says he may get a Rockets camp invite.
• Larry Owens, who was waived by the Nets and spent most of last season in the D-League, has signed to play with Gravelines-Dunkerque in France next season.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30