Aug 6, 2012, 6:35 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Alex Morgan loves headers.
• Former Laker and Net (and Bruin if you want to keep going back, and a Toreador before that) has signed a three-year deal with Anadolu Efes in Turkey. Farmar had been filler sent to the Hawks in the Joe Johnson trade. Farmar played well for Maccabi Tel Aviv last year during the lockout averaging 14.1 points and 4 assists per game.
• Speaking of former Lakers and Nets being overseas, Sasha Vujacic has re-signed with Anadolu Efes Istanbul for one more season.
• Brian Cardinal is hoping to get a deal for one more season in the NBA. Somebody give pops a contract.
• Ish Smith may get a Magic training camp invite.
• J.R. Bremer’s agent says he may get a Rockets camp invite.
• Larry Owens, who was waived by the Nets and spent most of last season in the D-League, has signed to play with Gravelines-Dunkerque in France next season.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 12
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16