Aug 6, 2012, 6:35 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like Alex Morgan loves headers.
• Former Laker and Net (and Bruin if you want to keep going back, and a Toreador before that) has signed a three-year deal with Anadolu Efes in Turkey. Farmar had been filler sent to the Hawks in the Joe Johnson trade. Farmar played well for Maccabi Tel Aviv last year during the lockout averaging 14.1 points and 4 assists per game.
• Speaking of former Lakers and Nets being overseas, Sasha Vujacic has re-signed with Anadolu Efes Istanbul for one more season.
• Brian Cardinal is hoping to get a deal for one more season in the NBA. Somebody give pops a contract.
• Ish Smith may get a Magic training camp invite.
• J.R. Bremer’s agent says he may get a Rockets camp invite.
• Larry Owens, who was waived by the Nets and spent most of last season in the D-League, has signed to play with Gravelines-Dunkerque in France next season.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 20
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14