Aug 6, 2012, 1:59 AM EDT
Team USA noticed.
Toronto Raptor Linas Kleiza put up 25 points on them in a game that was a lot closer than expected. Kleiza is a known commodity who has turned heads in London.
The USA is not the only team that Kleiza has cause problems for — he has averaged 18.3 points and 6.3 rebounds in the Olympics. He is shooting 60.5 inside the arc (but he is struggling, just 3-of-12 from three). He has more total rebounds and more free throws than anyone else from Lithuania.
He has not played like that the last couple seasons in Toronto — he averaged 9.7 points per game on 40.2 percent shooting last NBA season.
But he has battled knee issues the past couple years, things he seems to be past now. If he really is, if he can move this well and bring some confidence from the games to the NBA he could be a boost in Toronto.
They could use it.
Because Toronto has another Lithuanian coming in Jonas Valanciunas, the No. 5 pick in last draft. He comes in with high hopes but he has looked more like a project through these games, not instant help.
A healthy Kleiza may be that.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 0
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 2
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 6
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 13
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games