Aug 6, 2012, 1:59 AM EDT
Team USA noticed.
Toronto Raptor Linas Kleiza put up 25 points on them in a game that was a lot closer than expected. Kleiza is a known commodity who has turned heads in London.
The USA is not the only team that Kleiza has cause problems for — he has averaged 18.3 points and 6.3 rebounds in the Olympics. He is shooting 60.5 inside the arc (but he is struggling, just 3-of-12 from three). He has more total rebounds and more free throws than anyone else from Lithuania.
He has not played like that the last couple seasons in Toronto — he averaged 9.7 points per game on 40.2 percent shooting last NBA season.
But he has battled knee issues the past couple years, things he seems to be past now. If he really is, if he can move this well and bring some confidence from the games to the NBA he could be a boost in Toronto.
They could use it.
Because Toronto has another Lithuanian coming in Jonas Valanciunas, the No. 5 pick in last draft. He comes in with high hopes but he has looked more like a project through these games, not instant help.
A healthy Kleiza may be that.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48